Fire at Nosler plant

30-338

Handloader
Jun 12, 2009
Just seen this on another site

Explosion, Fire Rock Bend's Nosler Bullets PlantAn explosion and fire rocked a portion of the Nosler Inc. bullet manufacturing plant in southwest Bend Thursday afternoon, prompting evacuation and closure of streets in the area; despite a blast felt for several blocks, all 100 workers apparently were accounted for. More »

I just got a call from OU812, he told me the same thing.
I hope everyone is OK.

I will try to find out more details and let everyone know.

JD338

I spoke with one of the fellas from Nosler, everyone is OK.
There was an explosion in the ballistics tunnel but it is unclear as to how or why this happened.
The Shooters Pro Shop is fine although it suffered minor smoke and water damage after an "official" opened up the door after it was secured by Nosler personnel.

JD338

I certainly pray that all the staff are safe. We all feel connected to the good folks at Nosler.

Everyone made it out okay and that is by far the most important thing, I would have responded sooner but my laptop is still sitting on my desk. Thank you everyone for thinking of us, I know there's a lot of you that know people at the plant and even though you might not be able to get a hold of them they are safe. I'll keep you guys updated, with as much as I know anyway. Again, thank you for thinking of us it really does make a difference and it is very much appreciated.

Justin,

You and the rest of the Nosler family are in our prayers.
Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you.

JD338

JusMo":1vd8nq5k said:
Everyone made it out okay and that is by far the most important thing, I would have responded sooner but my laptop is still sitting on my desk. Thank you everyone for thinking of us, I know there's a lot of you that know people at the plant and even though you might not be able to get a hold of them they are safe. I'll keep you guys updated, with as much as I know anyway. Again, thank you for thinking of us it really does make a difference and it is very much appreciated.

It is good to know everyone is safe!

Thank God everyone is safe!

It will be interesting to track down the source of the problem. Built up unburned powder in the air or on the walls? Who knows? Speculation from here is all I can offer as to the cause...

I hope all returns to normal soon, and that Nosler isn't derailed for any significant amount of time.

Semper Fi, Guy

Southeast side of the main Nosler building near/above the ballistics shop:

NoslerSW.jpg

edited

NOW THAT IS AN EXPLOSION INDEED. Great that everyone got out ok. I have stocked up on 180gr BT bullets for my 30-06 today before I found out about he explosion. Sure glad I did since I am starting an extensive load development project for the 30-06. I love 180gr BT in a 30-06.

I sure hope that this does not hurt the profit margin of Nosler and impacts their ability to compete. I also hope that their insurance is good and that they can rebuild quickly.

I too am glad everyone is okay, that is certainly a bad day. Hopfully things will be back up and running.

Corey

I hate to see something like this happen to a great American Company. Glad everybody is safe and I pray for a quick recovery for Nosler.

Back