First Buck with the new 6MM-06.

As suspected I am a huge 6mm fan and have toyed with the idea of building a 6mm-06 as a hunting rifle. I'd like to see you post a couple pictures of loaded rounds so we can see them. Great buck you got there.

6mm Remington":229or3e1 said:
As suspected I am a huge 6mm fan and have toyed with the idea of building a 6mm-06 as a hunting rifle. I'd like to see you post a couple pictures of loaded rounds so we can see them. Great buck you got there.

6mm,

This is the only pic I have at the moment. 243(95sst) on left and 6-06(105 Hybrid) on right.
I think you'd really like the 6-06. It's so easy to load for. In addition, with the state of brass supply at the moment, it makes since as 25-06 brass is pretty easy to find.

efw":36pq8i43 said:
Very nice! I am very intrigued by this cartridge but I have to admit finding it moronic that a guy with your handle has a Rem 700 in 6-06 rather than a Weatherby MkV in 240 ;) !

Very cool. I think I need one...

No worries efw, I have plenty of Weatherby rifles and cartridges.

Jeeze I have to apologize; don't know if it's auto correct or what but I did not mean to post "moronic" but "ironic"!

Sorry bout that.

The pic of that loaded cartridge makes me feel like when we used to climb the rope in gym class (Garth quote; can't help myself it's true).

Friggin awesome. This is not good for my loonyism :twisted: !!

That is a great looking buck. Congratulations on a good shot and great load workup.

Back