First Buck with the new 6MM-06.

wbyfan1

Beginner
Apr 9, 2012
Cruddy day yesterday in Central Texas...cold and drizzly. Perfect weather for deer hunting!!:) Not the biggest deer I've ever shot, but I'll take it. 9 point, 110 yards with with a Berger 105 Hybrid at 3300. DRT. Bullet entered just behind the right shoulder, destroyed lungs and busted up the ribs on the off side. Looks like the bullet was in a couple different pieces when it exited the skin on the off side. Loving the 6-06, even though all I would've needed was a 30-30 with open sights!! :)

A beautiful buck; congratulations. I'd say your 6mm-06 worked quite well.

Very nice!
Those 6mm and 6.5mm bullets seem to take game out of all proportion to their size.
Great looking buck.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Just so I know.... 6mm-06 is a beltless 240WBY?

I bet it souped everything from entrance to exit!

Very nice Buck and rifle.

Word on the streets here in Albuquerque is the 6/06 and 6.5/06 is one helluva long range deer and antelope rifle.

hodgeman":1a6pjj3l said:
Just so I know.... 6mm-06 is a beltless 240WBY?

Yes, that's basically correct. The 6-06 has a skosh more powder capacity though. I'm simply taking virgin 25-06 brass and running it through a 6-06 FL Sizing die. No neck turning, trimming etc... Very easy.

I almost went the 240 Wby route, but decided 6-06 in the end because I had lots of 25-06 brass already on hand.

Very nice! I am very intrigued by this cartridge but I have to admit finding it moronic that a guy with your handle has a Rem 700 in 6-06 rather than a Weatherby MkV in 240 ;) !

Very cool. I think I need one...

Back