Fishing the Columbia

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
Finally able to get to the beach after Summer steelhead. The beach is two miles from home so no real excuse for not going more often.
In order to access the beach we have to enter through the paper mill where I used to work.
Only present and former employees are allowed to enter so not unusual to have the whole beach to myself.
In the old days there would be 50 or more poles lined up and down the beach.
Video isn’t exciting as there was a lot of wind and no fish caught.

Brings back memories! I used to plunk the Kalama beach over 25 years ago when I lived near by. Plenty of Steelhead made it to the smoker, especially using a slider like that. I usually had a small X5 red Flatfish on it.
Good luck on putting more in the freezer!

Finally able to get to the beach after Summer steelhead. The beach is two miles from home so no real excuse for not going more often.
In order to access the beach we have to enter through the paper mill where I used to work.
Only present and former employees are allowed to enter so not unusual to have the whole beach to myself.
In the old days there would be 50 or more poles lined up and down the beach.
Video isn’t exciting as there was a lot of wind and no fish caught.

Best of luck! I should get out and do more fishing this summer & fall. :)

Guy

Brings back memories! I used to plunk the Kalama beach over 25 years ago when I lived near by. Plenty of Steelhead made it to the smoker, especially using a slider like that. I usually had a small X5 red Flatfish on it.
Good luck on putting more in the freezer!
I’ve seen people catching fish with a flatfish on a slider but I never had any luck with one. Might have to give it a try again.

Back