Found my 338 load

glock3540

Beginner
May 14, 2006
Santa was gracious enough to bring me a TC Venture in 338 WM for Christmas. I knew I was getting it so I ordered some 210gr and 225gr Partitions from SPS. My first load with the 210gr Partitions produced this group at 100 yards.

Needless to say, I think I'm done with the 210gr workup (72.5gr IMR4350, Win case, CCI LRM primer).

The 225gr load did not shoot as well so I will continue to try different loads with them.

You hit the jackpot with that load. With that accuracy, the bullet will stand you in good stead on about anything here in North America, and on most African plains game.

I think a 1/2" group suffice :) DrMike is right that will be a great all around load.

Yep, great work. I settled on 72.0 of the same with Federal primers, gave 2,950 fps on the nose. Very capable load.

Holy smokes, she is a shooter right out of the box.

JD338

Wow. That is a great group for a first load (or final load). Good shooting. I bet you will enjoy that rifle.

Thanks guys. I now have to find a suitable optic for this rifle. I threw on a cheap scope so I could get it to the range.

Glock, what load are you using for the 225 bullets? Got an chrono speeds?

Nice shooter. Hope my new 338 is as good!

Great shooting! That is a hammer of a load right there. Not too much it wouldn't tackle.

bobnob":1rboa86u said:
Glock, what load are you using for the 225 bullets? Got an chrono speeds?

Nice shooter. Hope my new 338 is as good!

I did not chrono these loads but I used 71.5gr imr4350 for the 225gr. These were the only two loads I've tried so far. I plan on trying RL19 for the 225's once I'm able to find some.

Back