Frankford Arsenal trim and prep center

bdbrown66

Handloader
May 16, 2016
Anyone using one? What's the word on them? I've heard good things, for the average guy reloader. Not benchrest precision, but plenty good enough for the rest of us. What have your experiences been?

I’ve had as good an experience with them as RCBS, maybe better. I have an Intelidropper and love it. A bearing on the dispenser tube started seizing and they send me a new unit no questions asked. I haven’t used the case prep center but plan on getting one.

I've had one for seven years or so.It really changed my brass prep world.I can trim,deburr,chamfer and clean primer pockets at a rate about 4-5 cases a minute.If you break down the cost of each individual tool,the price is really not that bad.I paid $130 when I bought mine.I know they have gone up some since then.I would buy another one if mine ever crapped out.

I have had one for a couple years now, really does simplify cleaning primer pockets, demurring and chamfering. I have not had any issue with mine.

So, I bought one of these. Stole it, more like. Natchez SS has them listed in their July sale catalog for $99.99. When I checked the website, the price was $175, on sale. Talked to a guy who said he would have to verify the sale price and would call me back later that day. Well, he called back and said that he verified the $99 price in the sale catalog, and he was holding one for me. I was uptown at that time, and they were closed by the time I got back home. So I called the next morning to place my order, and the guy I talked to then refused to sell it to me at that price, said it was a misprint and below their cost on it, $175 was the real price. I didn't want one at that price, so I waited until later in the day, called back and asked for the guy I had spoken to originally. He took my order no questions asked. I have now used it on several dozen pieces of brass in .243 and 7-08. It works like a champ. As long as you are sizing consistently, the trim length is very repeatable. I'm very pleased with it. Also, I found a guy in Colorado who makes adapters to allow for trimming straight-wall cartridges like 45 Colt and 45-70. I've got those on order now. Definitely a worthwhile investment... especially at $99.99!

Back