Genesis

The Remington Genesis is actually a Traditions, actual manufacture is in Spain.

JD338

DRH1175":2rkcpl8r said:
so is it any good? They have one in black and ss for $234

I looked at one but bought a T/C Omega SS Laminated stock from Budsgunshop for $324.00.

JD338

wow great price on the T/C that is what I want but at Gander Mountain here in MN they want about $450 for that gun. I will have to look around.

Bought a .50 cal Genesis (black/blued) two weeks ago at Cabelas ($225 with a $35 Remington rebate). Used it to take a wt doe on Saturday. Open sights at 40 yards. My only comlaint is that the hammer is LOUD when you cock it. I'm either going to have start cocking it as soon as I'm in the stand or try pulling the trigger - cock hammer - release trigger while holding hammer back. Anyway, with two 50 gr pellets and a 245 gr Powerbelt, the lung shot doe went less than 30 yards after spooking at the hammer cock. It's my first muzzle loader. Good performance and the price was good too.

bsmith

Congratulations on breaking in your new muzzle loader on your deer.
Black powder hunting is a lot of fun. :grin:

JD338

Thanks JD338, it was the first deer I've taken without using a bow in a long, long time. My 12 y/o is pretty sure he wants to try it now.

Let us know how your son does, post some pics. :grin:

JD338

JD338":1lewxbxp said:
The Remington Genesis is actually a Traditions, actual manufacture is in Spain.

JD338

Same deal as their Spartan shotguns?
They are actually Baikal made in Russia. Robust as hell! I have a side xside 12 gauge...Love it! :grin:

Back