Glass Bedding Vs. Pillar Bedding

does anyone know where i can pick up a torque driver for setting the action screws? Cant seem to find one....

I got mine from an auto supply store. They are available in several places just make sure it is an inch pound torque wrench. Snap-on makes a very nice unit.Rick.

smitty81":2mvh1amw said:
does anyone know where i can pick up a torque driver for setting the action screws? Cant seem to find one....

You can get one from Harbor Freight, or from Sears (Craftsman) or from just about anywhere that sells tools, other than WalMart.

YoteSmoker":1cdzgp1s said:
I'm told that the M77 recoil lug is at an angle vs vertical like a M700 for example. Are there any tricks to bedding a Ruger to be aware of because of this and does this make any problems with removing the barrelled action from the stock once the bedding has cured? Do you tape the front and sides of the recoil lug?

The recoil lug is vertical, the action screw goes in at an angle.

HiWall, you need to check the recoil lug on a model 77 ruger. I have never seen a vertical one. They all slant to the rear of the action. The screw goes in straight with the slant of the lug.Rick.

rick smith":7gjm578r said:
HiWall, you need to check the recoil lug on a model 77 ruger. I have never seen a vertical one. They all slant to the rear of the action. The screw goes in straight with the slant of the lug.Rick.

YES!!!, Your right. It is kind of at an angle. My question to you is this though. It is at the rear of the action? correct me if im wrong but i think its at the front unless i have it backwards. Its like this (sorry for the bad pic lol

Back Action screws

| |
___________________| |
------------------{__________/___:____@ @__________|
^ ^ |_)_|
/ \
/ \
/ \
front action screw at an angle floor plate

The recoil lug is at the front of the action and is angled toward the rear. It is not 90 degrees to the action as with the Rem or Win.Rick.

Back