Going crazy

Joken

Beginner
Apr 21, 2008
I need help. Remington 700 300 win mag. I put the barreled action in a XCR stock. It is pillar bedded and floated. The rifle has Talley one piece mounts and a new Nikon Monarch 3x9 scope. We bore sighted the rifle and everything seemed fine til the shooting started. The rifle shoots low and to the right, period. Adjust the scope, let someone else shoot, same results low and to the right. I have no history on this rifle. Any thoughts. Thanks, Ken[/quote]

Bad scope if adjustments don't move the POI. Being new or old, it does happen. Change to a known scope and try again.Rick.

The tube inside the scope that holds the reticule is what moves. The horizonal/verticle should remain centered.Rick.

Tighten everything up --all screws--stock, scope etc.

Change scope to a proven/reliable one.

Joken":3qcmmkrz said:
I need help. Remington 700 300 win mag. I put the barreled action in a XCR stock. It is pillar bedded and floated. The rifle has Talley one piece mounts and a new Nikon Monarch 3x9 scope. We bore sighted the rifle and everything seemed fine til the shooting started. The rifle shoots low and to the right, period. Adjust the scope, let someone else shoot, same results low and to the right. I have no history on this rifle. Any thoughts. Thanks, Ken
[/quote]........................Either the scope is the problem or something is loose. Check for tightness your bases and rings. Then adjust the scope again. If it is still shooting low and to the right. then there is a scope problem.

I'll second the 'check the scope by swapping out to one you know works' motion. Sounds like that's the problem. If that doesn't fix it, then you've got to start looking at a lot of other things, like scope mounts, barrel pressure, voodoo, etc.

Thanks to all of you. I'll take another whack at it after hunting season is over. Ken

Back