Got lucky

onesonek

Handloader
Apr 4, 2008
For 15 bucks,,,,,the beginings of my new smokehouse
100_4312.jpg

100_4314.jpg

Not bad! It does indeed look like a good start. I'm planning some smoked goodies over the next few weeks, and seeing that stimulates me to get moving.

Yeah, I can't wait to get it all together,,,which will take a little time.
But the other good news is,,,,,,,,,,,
I called a guy I know slightly, and ask what kind of gas valve I should get, rather than buying a gas kit for it, which is about 300 bucks.
After talking about the general setup of it all, he said, "well I got most all that except the the burner you want, and the control panel. sitting here, and you can have it".
Sure, I'll take it,,j
Just saved me about a 150 bucks :grin:

Very nice! Heck, I am hole with my sick daughter today. Might be a good day to whip up some brine and start the jerkey process!

That looks like a great start. I love making jerkey and smoking birds and meat. Adds a whole nother dimension of flavor to meat. Scotty

Just curious,,,, from the site where I can buy the gas kit, they also have a thermostat controller. But it seems a tad bit costly. Got to thinking (sometimes dangerous thing),,,,,
a PID controller is way less. Anybody here have experience with PID's,,,,,is there any reason one wouldn't work?

Just did some researching,,,,I see a number of smoker's doing it with PID's,,,just not the best for cold climates. Seems the bulk of the PID's don't function below 32 degrees
And the ones that do are very spendy,,,at least the ones I seen.

Back