Tzatziki Dip

Serves:
2 1/2 cups
Ingredients
• 1 pound (1 pint) plain strained Greek style yogurt
• 1 cucumber, unpeeled and seeded
• 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon white vinegar
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice (1 lemon)
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic (or more pending on your desire)
• 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh dill
• Pinch freshly ground black pepper
Directions
Place the yogurt in a bowl. Grate the cucumber and toss it with 1 tablespoon of salt; Transfer the strained yogurt to a large bowl. Squeeze as much liquid from the cucumber as you can and add the cucumber to the yogurt. Mix in the vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, dill, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper. You can serve it immediately, but I prefer to allow the tzatziki to sit in the refrigerator for a few hours for the flavors to blend. Serve chilled or at room temperature.

I brought a bowl today to work and we are currently eating it with bread and crackers (Dipping).

Nothing like flying Dish Network satellites and having the SOC (Spacecraft Operations Center) smell like garlic! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks Fotis, alot!

Been wanting an authentic family recipe for this..

Now to find some bulk gyro loaf/mix and I'd be set........

Rod

Anytime. I will be posting my souvlaki recipe soon.

HOGWILD338-378":1f3m8t9v said:
Ok I have the dip but the meat is getting cold :mrgreen: please pass on the recipe :mrgreen:

Touché! There is a grave danger in promising something and failing to fulfil on this forum. :grin: Come on, Fotis, give us the recipe.

I have been to Greece countless times and stayed at the Voula Beach USAF billeting and used to eat down at Glyfada Square back in the mid to late 80's and just need some spice help as meat on a stick is not that hard but to go with that sauce we need something authentic Fotis !! Plz

Back