Greetings with pictures

Travhunter65

Beginner
Jan 29, 2011
I hope you guys can see these pictures! The antelope is from southeast Wyoming, the moose is from southeast Alaska, and the Island Bear is from Vancouver Island, British Columbia.

Attachments

• New Image.JPG
    231 KB · Views: 1,713
  • New image #2.JPG
    211.2 KB · Views: 1,713
  • alaska 075.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,713
  • wyoming cd for uso 005.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1,713
  • mounted antelope 007.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,713
Good looking animals. Glad you worked out the posting. That is a fine looking bear. There are some dandy bruins on the Island. Great moose as well. They are always a thrill to tag.

Travhunter65,
Those are some great looking trophies you have. What rifle(s) did you use?

Don

Travhunter65

Those are some beautiful animals. The bull moose looks like a real dandy!
What rifles and loads are you using?

JD338

Welcome and thank you for sharing. Where are you from by the way? Can you give us more input about your gear?

Again some very nice looking animals. I too am curious about your rifles.

Welcome to the site.
Corey

Hey guys, thanks for the compliments on the pictures! I have the info you were asking about considering my rifles and loads.
Both of these rifles were built by Bob Hart out of Nescopeck, P.A. Bob got the barrels from his cousin at Hart Barrels in N.Y., then Bob built the rest. Both rifles have McMillan stocks, Remington 700 left hand actions (teflon coated), Rifle Basix triggers, 4.5-14 Leupold tactical scopes with click charts to 1000yds, and Talley rings and bases. Bob machined the interupted flutes on the barrel, and etched his personal snake skin design on the barrels.
The black rifle is a 7mm remington mag. The group picture you see is the very first group fired from the 7mm with bobs handloads (210 fed. primer, Rem brass, 70 gr. of 7828 IMR all behind a 140gr ballistic tip). Due to time restrictions because of work, I can't handload, but lucky enough I get these same type of groups with Noslers trophy grade ammo loaded with 140gr Accubonds (this is what I killed the antelope with).
The green rifle is a 300 Winchester mag. Bobs original handloads for that was (210 fed primer, Rem brass, 70.5 gr. of IMR4350 all behind a 180 gr. ballistic tip). Right now the gun is dialed in with Federals loading with 180 gr. Accubonds. Depending on how I do that day, this gun averages between .25" - .45" with this load. This is what I took the moose with. Complete pass through on moose with a 125 yd shot. I have yet to recover a nosler bullet from an animal.
The rifle I use for the local deer is a t/c encore pro hunter in .243, dialed in with noslers trophy grade ammo and 85 gr. Partition. Works very well on our western New York deer!

Attachments

• Rifles 007.jpg
    754.3 KB · Views: 1,657
  • Rifles 005.jpg
    696.3 KB · Views: 1,657
  • Rifles 004.jpg
    811.1 KB · Views: 1,657
  • Rifles 003.jpg
    877.1 KB · Views: 1,657
  • Rifles 002.jpg
    709.8 KB · Views: 1,657
  • Rifles 001.jpg
    686.6 KB · Views: 1,657
A couple of good looking rifles chambered in two of the finest cartridges imaginable. Yeah, it looks as if they will shoot. Thanks for posting.

Those are a couple of real shooting rifles and those trophies prove it. Congrats on the hunts and the rifles. Look forward to more posts:)

Blessings,
Dan

My buddy had Bobby built him 2 30 Harts. Nice shooting guns.

Very awesome pictures and great rifles! I am an Upstate NY'er till I joined the MC. Glad to see another one of us on board! The Forum always needs another NY'er! Scotty

Beautiful and deadly! Those rifles are awsome both in looks and accuracy and you put them to good use in several places. I thank you for sharing the info and pictures. You obviously have a flair for doing it right. Congrats
Greg

TravHunter,

Great Pix of animals and awesome rifles, thanks for sharing and welcome to the Nosler board.

Rod

Welcome aboard! Thanks for sharing your hunt photos and the details on your rifles. Good stuff. I'm particularly jealous of the moose - quite a set of antlers on that big beast!

A lot of us here on the forum are handloaders, and time to time I even forget that loaded ammo with Nosler hunting bullets is available - it's nice to see that it works so well.

Regards, Guy

Welcome and I enjoyed your pictures also. Quality gear !!! Looking forward to hearing some of your thoughts.

Back