gun auctions

old #7

Handloader
Sep 9, 2006
I visit gunbroker, auction arms and bivwak for firearm shopping.
I know there is more out there.
What are your favorite auction sites for firearms?

Same here, gunbroker and guns of america. I do use Gallery of Guns sometimes for a price reference. Scotty

There is an exchange forum on the canadiangunnutz.com forum and stuff goes for cheap on there. AND it's in Canada, so for me that is huge.

I still keep an eye on gunbroker.com and have looked into the process of importing, but it would have to be a heck of a deal to merit that hassle. I'd only do it for a NIB Sako 75 for $800 or less, a German made Weatherby or a Pre64 Model 70 Winchester. I might try my luck on a rem 700 action just to test the waters before getting something nice caught in transit.

I just seen a S&W 28 357 go for $250 on there. Only downside is that it isn't auction it's a classified and first come first serve.

JT.

The only auctions I have bought guns from are Gun Broker and Bivwak. Have bought several through Bivwak and Nosler's pro shop.

Other non-auction guns have been bought through Wholesale Hunter and Bud's gun shop.

Since I hold an 01FFL, I have sold scores of firearms on GunsAmerica and have brought a fair number, from the same site. I like being able to contact the seller and negotiating the transaction. I also like the GunsAmerica classified better than the auctions, as the "set" prices are usually negotiable.
Beware : I have run into scammers on GunsAmerica and without doing a whole lot of back and forth info exchange, the site owners will do nothing. The worst scam is when the seller tells you that he is not the poster, but knows the poster and uses his account. This makes one buffer between the scammer and GA. Then, he says that he will ship directly to you, not through an FFL dearler. Then, he wants you to send him only a US Postal MO, "so my Mom can easily cash it"! Is this a second buffer? This basically comes down to the ancient scam of; "Give me the cash and wait here until I come back!" Right!! My advice is to deal only through FFL dealers, or if you do buy from a private party, get the firearm in hand, before you send the cash.
Steven A.

Back