Has Anyone Ever Wondered…

HAWKEYESATX":2yfky2i7 said:
Cleveland48":2yfky2i7 said:
It’s hard to beat a 270 that’s for sure. To this day it is what I compare all other whitetail cartridges too. When I had one I was running 130 Hornady interlocks at I believe between 3140-3180 FPS. Using RL22 and I believe H4831. And has been responsible for more one shot drops than any of the other cartridges that ive ever used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That’s outstanding!
Do you know at what distance or distances you have shot them, just curious?
I liked your accounts!

Hawk
Furthest if I remember was around 280 yards. I had the 270 when I still deer hunted with hounds, so vast majority was between powder burn to about 150 yards I assume lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I've used the .270 off and on, mostly off. No real reason though. I taken a few deer and one antelope..Practiced for a month two times a week expecting to take a long shot for the "goat". All ot took was an easy stalk for about a half mile and then take the shot at roughly 75 yards. The antelope ran for about thirty feet in a half circle and expired. His head is now on out TV room wall.
Paul B.

Nice rifle. Sure more appealing to me than a tupperware stock. Good 270 articles too. CL

cloverleaf":2ijzoq2p said:
Nice rifle. Sure more appealing to me than a tupperware stock. Good 270 articles too. CL
I fully agree with you there!

I don’t mind the added weight it gives either. It also just feels “right”, if you know what I mean?

Hawk

Back