Hate to complain.

ShadeTree

Handloader
Mar 6, 2017
I know it's part of the biden booming economy, so some of it can't be helped, but dang, it does start getting old coming at you from all sides.

Midway didn't offer their free shipping on orders over $49 as often as they used to, but if you waited they'd bring it back on occasion.

Some time back maybe for a day or 2 they ran an offer of free shipping on orders and they upped the limit to $59.

Week or 2 back they had free shipping for a brief time on orders, and the threshold was now $79.

Now today their offer is free shipping on orders over $100. Crap. Some more of that 8% inflation rate that doesn't add up.

Soon companies will just say give us half your paycheck and 3 days to review your order history, and we might not charge you shipping.

I agree that it sucks all the way around ... For me, I'll take the best price with shipping included from what ever business if offering what I need ... I have no loyalty to MidwayUSA & if their shipping is too much it's very easy to go elsewhere.

Nothing is free.
Just saying....

JD338

Nothing is free from the government, but it can be from private companies. I doubt it was/is done purely as a nice gesture.........it is obviously a sales tactic that works for them overall or they wouldn't use it as a sales promotion fairly regular. Profit margin shrinks, but total revenue and profit overall from the increase in sales, increases. Apparently costs have increased now where that no longer works at that price point.

I've many times bought Speer 308 caliber bullets on sale right at and occasionally under $20 a box plus the free shipping offer. Some time back I bought 55 gr V-max 224 bullets at a big discounted sale price of $10.50 a box plus the free shipping.

I'm not blaming them, it's bidens fault. It's a wonder they can offer free shipping at any total purchase price anymore.

I know it's part of the biden booming economy, so some of it can't be helped, but dang, it does start getting old coming at you from all sides.

Midway didn't offer their free shipping on orders over $49 as often as they used to, but if you waited they'd bring it back on occasion.

Some time back maybe for a day or 2 they ran an offer of free shipping on orders and they upped the limit to $59.

Week or 2 back they had free shipping for a brief time on orders, and the threshold was now $79.

Now today their offer is free shipping on orders over $100. Crap. Some more of that 8% inflation rate that doesn't add up.

Soon companies will just say give us half your paycheck and 3 days to review your order history, and we might not charge you shipping.
The problem is...I was way up there in the shooting industry at one time....
Their shipping contracts would've been updated come J1 2023...
Meanwhile their pricing of goods reflects 2022 and prior possibly in some instances.

Now I will say the shipping industry is a competitive one and all it takes is let's FedEx to show up for a meeting around June and perhaps come in with a very sharp sales pitch that allows freight to go back down to xyz dollars per package or pound...
Then Midway can go back to the $49 dollar free freight thing. Hell maybe it goes to $39 dollars. Again the shipping industry is cut throat and an absolute roller coaster ride.

It's a tough decision to make but ultimately it's easier to keep prices of goods set (for the time being) than to raise those prices to eat the extra freight cost from the new contract.

P.s.
The Biden economy is disastrous shit show and remember this...when goods and usually services go up...
They never come back down.

Back