Have I got this right?

captdavid

Beginner
Jan 30, 2005
Nosler's philosophy is that a bullet should have some frangibility and that all of their bullets are expected, even designed to loose some lead? I am shooting 150gn in a 7x57 and 165gn in a 30-06 The BTs are suppose to loose the most weight, and are designed to operate at between 2000 and 2700 terminal velocities. They might even be considered a little "explosive." They are accurate and have a high BC due to their design. The Part is designed to open quickly (as quickly as a BT?) and might even loose the front part, but due to the design to penetrate deeply. The Solid Base, I assume, is to answer the demand to bring back a traditional cup-and-core and performs as a BT? The AB has the accuracy and BC of the BT, but due to design will hold together better, yet still loose some weight and not penetrate as much. Have I got this right? thanks, capt david :grin: :grin: :grin:

Merry Christmas Capt David,

I would tend to agree with you on your thoughts about the Nosler lineup. I think they are trying to give the best of both expansion and penetration with their bullets. I have been very happy with how they work having used the BT, the Partition and the Accubonds.

Long

The solid base actually could be expected to have performance characteristics between the Ballistic Tip and the AccuBond. Regards, Eagleye

I dont really see how a bullet can fall between the Partition and AccuBond. Both expand nicely and retain a good amount of weight. Advertised is what around 60-65%. I have found that to be true with both type of bullets when fired into wet newspaper. There weight retention is so close I mean.

captdavid":3opife1a said:
The Solid Base, I assume, is to answer the demand to bring back a traditional cup-and-core and performs as a BT?

The Solid Base jacket is extruded just like the BT, with the same underlying design with the heavy [solid base]. The only real difference being the lack of the poly tip. The SB tends to exibit more controlled expansion than the BT.

Back