Hello, my name is double_d, and I have a problem!

You're in good company here....in fact I stopped by my local shop today to grab a pound of powder real quick and came home with a new pistol! And 2 pounds of powder....

You don't have a problem, you are my hero!

Actually, I do see a small problem, all those 140 grain bullets are too light for a WSM, you need to get a 7-08 or 7x57 for those bullets and pick up some 160s for the Wizzum M70...

Thanks for all the support......

As many of you have noted, the 140BT's would not be any good in the WSM, I may need to get a 7mm/08 so they do not go to waste.

Once again, the group hug helped, I am feeling much better now.

HI
I`ve had the same problem for 30 yrs. It`s only terminal if the wife finds out. 3 months ago I bought 300 bullets for a barrel I haven`t received yet. :grin:

Welcome to the craziest place on the web, jdlouie. You'll find a great group of fellow addicts here who abet one another to acquire more firearms than they can ever shoot, though they can certainly enjoy them.

I saw that rifle listed on gunbroker. First and only EW 7mm WSM (had to order mine directly from Winchester and there was only 30 left) I've seen listed. You did good! Mine is really favoring the 160gr+ pills and have got a few sub-moa groups with it. I'll hunt with the 160gr Accubonds this fall.

Greg Nolan":syhdftv4 said:
I guess I'm a little slow on the take up but I just can't see where there was a problem at all. The whole process sounded like it followed a normal course of events to a happy ending. :grin:
Greg

Does this make me an enabler? :twisted:

Yep, I am with Greg, I don't see the issue?

Man, you grabbed a primo combo though. That 7WSM and EW is a hunters made rifle if there ever was one. I have focussed pretty hard on 160's and 175's in my 7WSM and it has not let me down. RL22 has been a go to powder for me in the rifle, usually pushing the 160 AB into the 3075 range with little trouble. Mid 2900's are easily done with 175's as well. That 7WSM is a great set up for sure. Mike talked me into mine and Fotis assisted with securing the Model 70 to fire it. It was truly a team effort for sure.

I would look at Magpro, H1000, RL22, RL25 with the 160's and something along RL19's burn rate to run those 140 BT's.

Don't feel too bad, those 140 BT's have been egging me on for a bit as well. With my son's shooting them so well, I should secure a few 100 of them, just to make sure he has some good bullets to hunt deer with.

Great grab. I think that 7WSM will impress you. It has me.

akhunter":1ipwbkyu said:
I saw that rifle listed on gunbroker. First and only EW 7mm WSM (had to order mine directly from Winchester and there was only 30 left) I've seen listed. You did good! Mine is really favoring the 160gr+ pills and have got a few sub-moa groups with it. I'll hunt with the 160gr Accubonds this fall.

The 150gr E-Tip's that I have should be as long or maybe a bit longer than the 160gr AB's, so maybe they will shoot well......should be a good bullet for the WSM speeds.

Here are some of my attempts with the 7WSM and RL22

162 AMax

5360DDA6.jpg

160 AB

4ECDDBC6.jpg

5EA7E094.jpg

7d4264e3.jpg

DSC_2965.jpg

DSC_2904.jpg

I never really dug into the 175's too much yet, but with some old Hornady 175's, there seems to be some potential with them..

DSC_2881.jpg

The 150 ET's would be screamers as well I think. Probably penetrate as well at the 175 PT's?

Very fine attempts, Scotty. If that doesn't make a person want to buy a 7WSM, nothing will budge them. It is a sweetheart of a cartridge.

DrMike":cf49t9bx said:
Very fine attempts, Scotty. If that doesn't make a person want to buy a 7WSM, nothing will budge them. It is a sweetheart of a cartridge.

You aren't kidding Mike. It is a performer for sure. Can't wait to get home and give it some more time out on the longer range.

Scotty,
Nice shooting with the 7. They seem to always perform well. The 160 AB load is a shooter for sure.

Don

Yeah, that little 7WSM really snuck up on me. Looking forward to hunting it a little more this year. It didn't get much of a chance last year..

DSC_2864.jpg

C44F6CD7.jpg

431B7151.jpg

Here are a couple of it.. I have the exact same rifle in a 270WSM as well. They are great shooting rifles for me. Big fan of the laminates..

Thank you

It is a 3.5x10 with Target Turret's. Works pretty well for now. Nope, haven't taken anything with the 7WSM yet, the other 7RM in my safe has claimed the majority of my game.. I carried it last year for elk, but that was about it.

SJB358":f8bk8ekv said:
Big fan of the laminates. .Thank you

+1 Love those laminates! Beautiful and yet strong and stable. Best of both worlds. :grin: Just need some checkering on them to finish them off Scotty...........I'm just saying. :idea: They are beautiful to behold, but that sure makes them easier to hold! :shock:
David

Well, here is the M70EW that will help me shoot up all those pesky bullets.

gonna be a while before I get to shoot her, as the brass has not made it yet.

WOW, that looks really good! Man, you set that rifle up really well buddy. That looks great!

Back