here we go again

If anything, these social media influencers have "influenced" the hunting community to despise them. I'd imagine they will be flipping burgers soon, as I don't think there's many out there who will support their future business endeavors. Maybe a monetary fine by itself isn't always the answer, sentenced to hundreds of hours of embarrassing community service along with a hefty hit to the bank account may be more of a deterrence. Our sheriff and magistrate have started this approach with kids guilty of habitual truancy. Not only are they ordered to counseling, they work a few weekends at the county landfill unloading trucks/cars (at the dumpsters. not down in the actual trash fields) and sweeping up.

If anything, these social media influencers have "influenced" the hunting community to despise them.
They are not the only ones. Over the past few years, the commercialization of so called "hunting" shows is a disgrace. With the exception of Steve Rinella of Meat Eater and a few others, most are about how high the beast "scores" and how many high tech toys and hunting aids one can add. Why not just get a drone, arm it, program software to pick highest scoring beast and shoot it.

I don't watch any of these shows . most are nothing more than a 30 minute infomercial . I'd bet most of these guys couldn't make it in the real hunting woods .

if these guys are really hunting , and killing ,super sized free ranging animals , why are they not recognized in the books ? the answer is these guys hunt high fence farms .

I don't watch any of these shows . most are nothing more than a 30 minute infomercial . I'd bet most of these guys couldn't make it in the real hunting woods .

if these guys are really hunting , and killing ,super sized free ranging animals , why are they not recognized in the books ? the answer is these guys hunt high fence farms .
You may just be onto one of the dirty little secrets for these people.

Infomercial? Yes.
Scripted? Yes.
Worth Watching? No.

I happen to live in a place where a handful of these guys call home. You can see them around town and at events and overall solid guys that you can talk to and, do put in and help the hunting community. But I agree there are some "influencers" that are out there are far from a "good influence" for the hunting community for a number of reasons.

Back