Here we go...new glass for my 7mm08

ajvigs

Handloader
Nov 1, 2012
Okay gents, here we go again. I am turning my 7mm08 into a dual purpose paper-puncher and hunting rig. Buying a new rifle is nice, but I figure the KISS method applies; use what you have for the time being.

I have on order a Talley Picatinny 20 MOA rail for the rifle. Now the hunt is on for a scope.

I can spend at max $1000. I would like something in the FFP, with MIL/MIL adjustments. I have been considering:

SWFA SS 3-15x42
Bushnell HDMR 3.5-21 (I get a ProDeal that gets this in my range)
Vortex PST FFP

Now, if I can dig up a little more cash:
Steiner Tactical 3-12x50

So, what do you all think? If you can come up with anything else as a suggestion let me know.

I'm taking a pretty hard look at the Sightron Siii 6-24x50 LR with the FFP MOA reticle. I really like the idea of having the reticle hashes being the same units as the turrets. I have read a pile of reviews and have not found anything that turned me off. Most favored the Siii over the PST. This is more magnification than you mentioned. I don't really see anything that they offer FFP in a lower range, so on second thought maybe they won't do what your looking for.

I sure wish Leupold would come out with some FFP scopes. Either a Mil turret to go with their TMR, or some sort of MOA reticle to go with their MOA turrets.

Back