Hip Surgery 3 times and Preparing for the 2020 Deer Season

DON

Handloader
Dec 3, 2013
2020 has been challenging for this guy as I'm sure it has for others on here too.
I had hip replacement surgery end of January then the middle of June I got Staph Infection in same hip only to have 2 more surgeries on same hip 2-weeks back to back. The set backs have been something. I had to return my Colorado licenses due to this mess. I'm pleased to say I got a full refund and points restored due to the COVID 19 pandemic. :) I burned 9 points on the buck tag I drew.

Anyway I'm up and going now collecting intel via the cams on big bucks, checking treestands and prepping the hunting clothes and guns like we all do for that 1-split second shot!!

If Guy is reading this I'm still using the 165 BT in the 30-06 as it just smokes em as well as the 35 whelen using 225 Partitions.

Blessings to you all have a successful and safe hunting season!
Don

Good to hear that you're up and moving. Staph infection can be a serious problem, but hopefully you have this beaten. We're pulling for you to tag out now.

Don,

Sorry to hear about your hip surgery but glad you are getting back to normal. The new hip will make you feel like a young man again. Best of luck to you this season!

JD338

The Staph is now under control but still taking meds for maintenance as insurance so it doesn't return. I'm so glad I'm still here and I know God has taken care of me thus far.

It's been a journey for sure. I'm slow at getting around but getting better. I only got to hunt last year a total of 12 hours but that was in pain from the hip issues. I'm hopeful to load up the freezer this year with some venison! :grin:

Back