Homestead Elk with the Drone

Alderman

Handloader
Apr 5, 2014
Caught one of the local herds up on the ridge. Was glad to see the drone didn’t bother them at all.
Interesting bunch. Goofy, the strange looking bull was with them until last week but I think the little spike ran him off so he could play herd bull until the bigger boys show up.
Two cameras on the DJI Air 3 do a good job picking up light as it was getting quite dark as I was flying. The 9 times zoom isn’t the best clarity but works plenty well to see what I am looking at.
Caught the little guy messing with my game camera and the pic came out in black and white indicating just how dark it was getting toward the end.

Archery cow or spike elk hunt starts in one week for me. By law we have to take out trail cams down on July 31. I appreciate your posting

I'm jut a bit surprised at how placid they are with that "buzzing" thing above them.

I'm jut a bit surprised at how placid they are with that "buzzing" thing above them.
I was up quite a ways. The one photo shows we how high. Was using 9X zoom and then cropping the video.
Did some deer awhile back and was a lot closer.
They could see and hear the drone but didn’t seem to be bothered by it.

Gotta admit I was curious to see how they would act.

Archery cow or spike elk hunt starts in one week for me. By law we have to take out trail cams down on July 31. I appreciate your posting
What state is that? Does it apply to private property as well?

Back