Hopefully this weekend brings good weather

remingtonman_25_06

Handloader
Nov 17, 2005
Since this is my last weekend home for a while, were planning a ground squirrel shoot out of Baker, OR this weekend. Kind of a last get together shooting event for my dad and I, and a couple friends. Were going to be taking .17hmr's, 22's, and a couple bigger .22 centerfires including my .222 rem, my dads 22-250, .223 rem, and if I can talk my dad into it, his 25-06 with 75g vmaxes. I want to get a couple of them on videotape. I have about 300 rounds loaded up with the 40g btip and my .222rem, so I figured I would take it for the longer 200-300 yard shots. IT averages .25" at 100 yards with those btips and imr-4198. Very rarely do you miss a squirrel at 200-225 yards with that rifle. Just hope the weather is nice to bring the squirrels out for one more shoot.

Good luck on your varmint safari. Be sure to post your results. Are the squirrels out already around Baker? I thought it is still a little early. The weather forecast isn't too promising up this way, but maybe it will be better further south where you are headed. Hope you all have a great time.

Back