Hornady Customer Service

Mortis

Handloader
Aug 3, 2012
I bought a Lock N Load Bench Scale back in April from Midway.

Recently I've been having problems with it.... it would turn off all by itself and at times refused to be turned back on until later. Then a couple weeks ago.... it decided to go on permanent strike.

I called Hornady on 12 Oct and told them my problems.... they asked for my email addy and advised they would email me intructions and a shipping label for return.

Within an hour, I had the label, shipping instructions, and a Return Authorization Number in my mail box.

Was not able to get it into UPS until the 17th.

Received an email on the 22nd stating they had received it.

Received an email on the 23rd stating they had return shipped.

Received it today.......

Brand New!!!

Checked the Serial Number and this is not the one I sent them. This puppy is cherry.

Kudos to Hornady...and the nice Lady I talked to for their customer service.

I also had great results from them.

I broke several depriming stems and they took care of me pronto.

I would have expected nothing less from the Hornady company; nevertheless, your report is welcome confirmation. Thanks for taking time to give us the intel.

Great report Mortis. Seems like our shooting sports people really take care of their customers. I know rifle makers are hit or miss, but it seems like everyone else does get with the program.

Let me start out by saying Hornady has been "Johnny on the spot" with a couple of small issues I had with my press - they asked a few questions had me email a couple of pics while on the phone - within a couple of days I had replacement parts - done!
Well, I decided to have built a 6.5 Creedmoor on an old Mauser action I had and finding factory ammo is about impossible - I ordered, begged, borrowed and put together everything I needed to load ammo. Sadly, when I opened the brand new set of Hornady Custom Dies, clearly labeled 6.5 Creedmoor, I discovered they were 6.5 Grendel inside the box. I called Hornady the next morning and that afternoon they emailed a return shipping label which I managed to get into the UPS system that same day. Under the category of "you can't make this up" the Hornady Rep I spoke with told me they had a new hire who didn't know there was a difference between Creedmoor and Grendel. Short story made long - they received the dies via UPS Saturday - I get a conformation email Monday saying their service department has checked them in - I called today (Wednesday) to be told that their service department will get them out as soon as possible and I'll receive an email when they ship. I get they are busy but I will say I'm getting disappointed I'll have over a two week period of looking at, not shooting, a beautiful gun.
Rainier

Oops, I wonder if any of them read this forum? This is not good service to pick up service on their error. Not a good pick up at all, Hornady! I would call someone who can make things happen, not a Gofer but a Goto!

Sad but true, I was a bit disappointed they wanted the dies back before shipping new ones but I understand. What I don't quite get is if they received the dies Saturday why don't I have new ones in the mail before today - Thursday? I'll give them a bit of time here before I turn into a nasty grouch - Hornady can still redeem themselves. I'll keep you posted how they do.
Rainier

Well, good news for Hornady - I was able to speak with a great service rep, Kayleigh and they need to pay her more money. I couldn't figure out why it was taking so long just to turnaround a set of dies. I asked the million dollar question - Do you have any dies to send me? Sadly, they didn't, that was the hold up. Kayleigh went way above and beyond and got the shop manager to agree to make a set for me Monday - when I spoke to her the second time, now understanding the challenge, I advised her in today's market it didn't make any sense to break someone off for a set of dies that were still available elsewhere, make me an offer on another piece of equipment I needed anyway and we'll call it even. Well, bless her, she made me an offer I couldn't refuse and I'm now completely satisfied... Again!
Rainier

That is good news, indeed. Sounds as if the resolution was pretty good.

Well, Dr. Mike gotta tell ya Kayleigh knocked it out of the park. The first gal I spoke with today would only tell me that the she would send an "urgent" email to their service department and MAYBE I'd hear from them on Monday. Kayleigh went out of her way to make things right and yes, the deal was really an offer I couldn't refuse. I couldn't have asked for a better resolution except for it to have been sooner. It seemed in my previous two calls no one was willing to tell me the challenge and just let me stew - once I knew the challenge the solution was easy to reach. Like I said, I was stunned at the customer service because Hornady had always been "Johnny on the spot" prior too. Maybe, like the poor "new hire" that didn't know the difference in dies (As a manager I set the blame firmly on his/her supervisor for poor training) the customer service rep I spoke with prior to Kayleigh is a "new hire" and just needs a bit of training up.
Anyway, I'm pleased to be able to shoot my new rifle sooner rather then later!
Anybody have any great loads for the 6.5cm they want to share?
Rainier

Back