Hornady Power Case Prep Center

Did Joel buy one of these? They do look nice, and the first reports I've received speak highly of their quality. I've considered clearing some room on my loading bench by ridding myself of a couple of case trimmers and the RCBS Case Prep Center, replacing it with this precise unit. Inertia has kept me from acting on my initial impulse, so far.

I will let Joel tell the entire story, but I think he has fallen in love with the operation of the machine, but did have a tech difficulty with it also.. I don't wanna steal Joels thunder, but I am pretty interested in hearing more about it too. Scotty

The Hornady looks nice and the case length trimmer is attached but if I'm gonna get rid of my RCBS station it's gonna be for one of these, http://www.giraudtool.com/prod02.htm

The Hornady lists for $350 and for $425 you can get the Giraud which will dramatically speed up your prep process.

scout1,

I bought a number of these. However, I haven't used them yet. I bought them in part because RCBS was offering a $50 rebate.

Let us know how they work when you get to them. They sound like a pretty cool tool and a hell of alot cheaper than the alternative Giraud. Will the heads thread into most standard trimmer bodies?

If it had a three way cutter head I don't think he could keep up with the demand. It proved to be very accurate for what it does though. Indexing off of the shoulder is where its at.

Woodycreek":se9s8n0s said:
Anybody had a chance to use one of these? Looking at one to speed things up and save room. I could get rid of my RCBS Case Prep Center and Redding Case Trimmer.

http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product. ... shlist.jsp

Brian -
I have had one for about a year now. About 6 weeks ago the fuse inside the unit popped and wouldn't work even with new fuses. It was sent back to Hornady and a new unit came about 2 weeks ago. I have prepped about 40 cases since getting it back without any problems. I checked with the reloading store I bought it at and he told me he has never had anyone else mention a problem with it. Guess I was the lucky one :roll:

It does a great job of speeding up the process of prepping brass and the verticle trimming is spot on with every cartridge that I have trimmed. That is everything from .204 to .358 in standard cases, and in the wildcat cartridges I have. The chamfer and deburring tools work really well also. Not a bad investment even if you aren't trimming cases every time, just to use the pocket hole cleaner and chamferring tool.

Any updates on this unit. Seems to be about the best bet out there right now. I like the bench mounted units.. Seem to work a little better for me. Scotty

Back