Hot Rut in Northern MN

Well- Polaris- maybe you oughta come down to town. I watched two big bucks (not near the size of the ones above...) fighting it out here in the Metro tonight. Well- maybe it aint worth being here in town. Sure was fun to watch though :) . The rut is on!

cloverleaf":lbr7cqfx said:
Well- Polaris- maybe you oughta come down to town. I watched two big bucks (not near the size of the ones above...) fighting it out here in the Metro tonight. Well- maybe it aint worth being here in town. Sure was fun to watch though :) . The rut is on!
Yeah, had 2 nice ones jousting in rural Stillwater yesterday on the jobsite. I know there are more and better deer in the agricultural regions of the state. Problem is, land tends to be private and exorbitantly expensive. I do enjoy the challenge of hunting in a region where you typically count deer sightings during firearms season on your fingers, not a tally sheet. Despite the boom and bust, it's a very fulfilling hunt, even when one ends up with tag soup. Still working on developing my parcel so I can actually see the deer that hold there. Also working on a nearby state parcel of some 400 acres. Hunted ducks in there twice (best access is by water) and it showed promise for deer hunting as well. Will probably have to approach it like a western hunt and pack a tent. Sub-zero weather this season ruled out that option. I am looking at leveraging some cash flow from the mineral exploration test drilling being done on my parcel this winter towards a potlatch lease a little farther West or South where there is some oak in the forest composition. If the test drilling pans out, the sky may be the limit. I am the only property owner in a several mile radius with a Fee Simple deed :grin: , and the geology strongly supports interesting things underground.

Back