How about a 7mm 120 gr partition?

rquack

Beginner
Nov 9, 2005
I shoot a Rem Model 7: very short and very light. I like the feel of this rifle very much but am also recoil sensitive. I cringed every time I shot the Rem factory 139 gr load in this rifle. My smith recommended shooting the 7mm 120 gr BT and it has been the best shooting experience of my life. A fast bullet (the book says 3000+ fps but I haven't chrono'd it out of my short barrel) that shoots with virtually no recoil. Heck, I can shoot a deer at 130 yds and watch it fall over through the scope.

I like what you offer but I can't help but ask for a 7mm 120gr Partition?? What do you think Nosler.....

I too load for a Mod 7 7mm-08 and found the 120gr BT to be awesome. I load 44.5grs of Rx15 behind this bullet for a velocity of 2850fps recorded with a Mod 33 Oehler chronograph.
Rem cases and primers.
This load pretty much shoots in the same hole at 100 yds. At 300 yds it will average about 3.5-4 inches so it stablizes well in this barrel.

I developed this load because I wanted to see if a lighter big game bullet could be used with a higher muzzle velocity with good accuracy with antelope and mule deer in mind. This will be a fine gun for my 13 yr old son to use for just this purpose.

Now, if a 120 gr Partition were available... Wow, this little rifle would be some kind of game killer !!

Back