How hunting has changed.

Well if I remember correctly Iowa rankes 48th is land available for public use. We have very little Public land for hunting with most being in private ownership.
Now the Good News what public land we have is some of the best Waterfowling areas and some very good Whitaildeer hunting and the biggest Whitetail Deer I have ever seen was on public hunting ground.
Pheasant hunting is the opposite with the best hunting on private property with some on public accessible ground.
I'm 57 and if I ask a Farmer my age or older it's a 90% chance they will say yes if I ask permission, If there much younger than me it's the opposite, since most do not hunt today.
Iowa use to harvest 1,000,000 Pheasants a year I will never see that again due to many factors. I do not even see many Pheasant Hunter's where I use to see dozens a day, I'm lucky to see a couple hunters out Pheasant hunting and the Iowa DNR does not even do game checks anymore like they did years ago, this tells a lot.
Myself I just hunt harder and being older have learned a lot to be successful.
I try to make a hunt out West every year and this year will be way West for Me to Alaska.

Back