How many .264 Win mag shooters?

Well I made up my mind. Ordered this today!

264 WIN MAG

lgsil_700sendero.jpg

Congrats, it should be a butt kicker! I will be start testing some guns for a
Antelope hunt this fall in NE WY. You should route it toward me & I could make sure it's OK, even give it back after we hunt up there! :lol: :lol:

I wonder if the CDL was a special, I don't see it with the other stainless
fluted ones now?

nomosendero":2uz5v6f4 said:
I wonder if the CDL was a special, I don't see it with the other stainless fluted ones now?

Yes, Special run from Remington

JD338

Pop,

Congratulations on the new rifle.
130 gr AB's should be awesome for antelope and deer.
Let us know how she shoots.

JD338

Thanx. I will try to get 3300 fps with them.......

POP":27qeuf54 said:

Flat as road kill.
Sight in at 300 yds and you should be able to hold on hair to 450 yds. :grin:
Antelope gunning made easy, just hold into the wind. :wink:

JD338

JD338":39hi0hy4 said:
POP":39hi0hy4 said:

Flat as road kill.

JD338

or use the 416 bee and line up 3 for a 1 shot kill! 1 buck and 2 does please. 8)

POP":b7vn8t91 said:
JD338":b7vn8t91 said:
POP":b7vn8t91 said:

Flat as road kill.

JD338

or use the 416 bee and line up 3 for a 1 shot kill! 1 buck and 2 does please. 8)

If you do this, not much need for the 264 WM. Let me know when you put it up for sale. :wink:

JD338

POP":33fhsyl0 said:
Will do...need some proven loads.

Pop,

I would think RL22 would be a good starting point for you.

JD338

I have a minty P-64 Westerner in a Micky G&H stock, with Leupy QRs on it and just today replaced the Vari-X III 3.5x10 with a new Zeiss Conquest 4.5x14.

I have been shooting 140 NPs in WW cases over IMR-7828-63 grs. which gives very tiny groups and chronos 3250 fps-mv.

I am out of that powder, thinking maybe H-1000 or RE-25?????

kutenay":tocaxy5z said:
I have a minty P-64 Westerner in a Micky G&H stock, with Leupy QRs on it and just today replaced the Vari-X III 3.5x10 with a new Zeiss Conquest 4.5x14.

I have been shooting 140 NPs in WW cases over IMR-7828-63 grs. which gives very tiny groups and chronos 3250 fps-mv.

I am out of that powder, thinking maybe H-1000 or RE-25?????
Thanx

Hey POP. Good choice. I have tons of data that I am going to have to re-enter on this new machine then I can send the whole page. Been shooting the accubonds over Ramshot Magnum. First load I tried went .75" out of my 2000+ shot barrel. I am going to try to get all that data back like I had it then it will be headed your way. reflex264

nomosendero":2jt5ygnf said:
Reflex, do you think the 130 Swift Sc. BC rating is correct, seems mighty high to me, & if you have tried it, is it accurate?

I know this is a Nosler site & Nosler kicks butt, just curious about this one Swift.

I haven't shot it but one thing I learned with the .264 is never believe advertised BC. The actual calculated BC out of my .264 for the 120 ballistic tip is right at .500. Compare that one to the book. I have shot some other bullets that were considerably lower than advertised. The 130gr AccuBond looks really promising. I will probably kill at least 10 deer with it this year to learn it. I actualy loaded then down for crop sniping because I didn't want to overheat on the hot days. Shooting 3139fps it seems to still raise cane on whatever it hits and stays together. reflex264

Reflex:

Need them loads. Sendero will be picked up today! :lol:

Northwoods Hunter":3vex5j7j said:
Found a NIB Rem CDL in .264 (blue 24" fluted bbl) for $699...is that a good deal?

Probably, but I would only buy a 26" or longer in that round in my view.

Yes Reflex, I have noticed that the Memphis area has been 105 & up, like over here in AR. Pretty rough with the humidity as well.

nomosendero":17554qc7 said:
Northwoods Hunter":17554qc7 said:
Found a NIB Rem CDL in .264 (blue 24" fluted bbl) for $699...is that a good deal?

Probably, but I would only buy a 26" or longer in that round in my view.

+1

JD338

Back