How not to get a Bear rug

Well, that would certainly get your attention!:oops: Sounds as if the sow was just ill tempered. Hopefully, the cub is old enough to survive on its own. The husband and wife did what was necessary. Don't know of any other outcome from what is described in the article.

I've come upon orphaned cubs on a couple of occasions. It is sure sad to see the little critters who don't quite know what to do. They are starving, and haven't yet learned to feed themselves.:(

Sheesh!

All that and they didn't even get to keep it:rolleyes:

Seriously, though, it good that no one was badly hurt; especially the kids. I have seen one orphaned black bear up in the Shenandoah, just old enough to be dangerous, and hanging out on one of the more popular hiking areas near the north end of the park. Actually had fools going looking for it so they could take a picture with (not OF, WITH) the "cute thing". Not sure what happened to it, but I believe park authorities were looking to capture it.

Noticed in the article that the bear was going to be tested. Didn't say what for. Be my luck it'd be the one bear to have rabies and I'd have to get shots after all those bites:eek: Dan.

Back