how will these do

Ridge_Runner

Handloader
Sep 29, 2006
in a 1-48 twist? have a pedersoli tyron rifle I bought 40 couple years ago, it shoots roundballs great, it does not do well with sabots or maxi-balls

I would think those would shoot pretty well in a 1:48 twist. Also, if you can try the Lee REAL bullets, those may work well, too.

in a 1-48 twist? have a pedersoli tyron rifle I bought 40 couple years ago, it shoots roundballs great, it does not do well with sabots or maxi-balls

Some relatives that live in PA tried them in a Lyman Deer Stalker 50 cal. 1-48 twist and got huntable accuracy. Sometimes putting a felt wad under a conical will help the accuracy. Just have to try them and see. Dan.

I would think those would shoot pretty well in a 1:48 twist. Also, if you can try the Lee REAL bullets, those may work well, too.
Bought a Lee REAL mold and cast some for a 50 cal. that had a 1-70 twist. About 5 in group at 50 yds was what I got but think the problem was the twist wasn't fast enough as it was a round ball gun. Still got the mold if anybody is interested. Dan.

Ouch
How much undersized?
Front ring at the bullet tip is .502-.507, the rings below it are smaller, the second one is .50 on the larger ones, but the first ring is .490-.492, they almost fall down the barrel

Back