hunting maps

craiger40

Beginner
Aug 19, 2006
Hey fellas,

Where is the best place to get really specific hunting maps. By specific i mean like unit 39 in Idaho.

Start on line and search for the area. They can get you the basics. I got some tax maps of one area in which I wanted to see in detail. I have seen ads in several magazines for maps but think you can get all you need by internet or through the Dept of Natural Resources in that state.Rick.

MyTopo maps are very good. You give them the center of the area that you want and tell them how far out you want the map to cover. Their maps are waterproof and very durable. Well worth the price if you intend to hunt an area more than once. Good detail of elevations, water and terrain. Just do a search for MyTopo and they should pop up.

http://www.usgs.gov/pubprod/

Try this link. Can't beat the detail that USGS maps have. The maps they produce are very good in that they show all US Forest Service roads, and that can be a major blessing if you are going into an unfamiliar area...

I just ordered a unit 39 map from mytopo.com. it is on its way, thank you for all the help.

Also if the area is Forest Service or BLM managed I like to get the agency's map. They show boundaries and ownership details that may not be on other maps.

jim

all the above are good places to try for maps . I have also had good luck with google earth.com. This is satilite photos that you can zoom into the area you want . it also tips so you can see topo. also vegitation type.

Back