Hunting South Africa July 2016 with 180gn nosler accubonds I

Poz

Beginner
Feb 1, 2016
Just returned from hunting the east Somerset region of South Africa on Thursday evening. We hunted with Cape Hunt Safaris and I can't speak highly enough of the service or the people we dealt with. We were both looked after exceptionally well and took some excellent animals. On a hunt that was supposed to be for 6 species we both took 10 animals, myself of 9 species. Originally the plan was for Zebra, Impala, Blue Wildebeest, Gemsbok, Kudu and Warthog, as we hunted we saw some extras that I couldn't pass on, Eland, Lechwe, another Warthog and a Red Hartebeest cow. I used my 30 06 shooting 180gn accubonds @ 2800 fps,   the combination performed flawlessly, the damage done by the accubonds was incredible, I had 1 shot kills on 7 of the 10 animals with follow up shots on the Gemsbok and 1 Warthog, maybe not necessary but I'd rather end it quickly and I didn't allow for the wind on my Red Hartebeest and she required another 2 to stop her, but nothing got out of sight so no tracking was required. I was pretty happy about that fact as I have heard some horror stories of these animals toughness and ability to run for hours even when well hit. We had 7 days hunting with the last of our animals taken on the last morning of the hunt, this however was number 20 between the two of us. Our food and accommodation was excellent and as stated the guides were exceptional blokes. The taxidermy is being done over there and will hopefully be here mid next year. Will add photos soon

hSQhP8k.jpg

3khofaO.jpg

g99B5uu.jpg

AhaD6i9.jpg

bA4iSkb.jpg

ukCrT91.jpg

6YnqQXh.jpg

DHiJ0vU.jpg

J0I3rL6.jpg

LREZZV7.jpg

Great hunt with beautiful trophies! Looks like the Accubonds in the 30-06 were the right combo.
Billy

That proved to be a great hunt for you. The ancient '06 is still racking up kills as the improved bullets available ensure that it will last for generations to come. Great pictures.

This is so great on so many levels.

First and foremost, congratulations on a successful hunt, nicely done

The 30-06 --perfect!

And thank you Nosler for the improved bullets that you manufacture

Very nice animals, congratulations. Thanks for sharing with us.

You took some really great Trophies! Thanks for posting them. That's what I love about Africa, so many great animals and the people are amazing towards their attention to the details.

Thanks everyone, it is truly a wonderful place, and the accubonds were perfect both in the 06 and my hunting partners Whelan

Poz":33yuqu30 said:
Thanks everyone, it is truly a wonderful place, and the accubonds were perfect both in the 06 and my hunting partners Whelan
Whelen like in 35 Whelen ?

Congratulations on your safari. Those are some beautiful trophies.
Looks like the 30-06 served you well.

JD338

Yes, 35 Whelan, I think the velocity these 2 cartridges pushed the 180 and 225 accubonds at was perfect. Every recovered projectile looked like the pictures on the nosler Web site

Rifle is a Remington 700 long action with a bell and Carlson stock and maddco 26 inch barrel, swarovski z3 scope

I can honestly say it was the greatest hunting experience I have ever had. The south African people were great blokes, and very easy to get along with. When I go back it will definitely be with these guys.

Back