Hunting trophies?

Europe":12mny00u said:
Does anyone else here, besides Cheyenne, make clothes, blankets, rugs, and/or sell your bear hides.

I dabble in that...I've got fur ruffs on several of the family's parkas and I've made a few hats and mittens.
This hat was one I did for a fundraiser auction... two coyote hides. It's as warm as it looks.

Attachments

• likethehat.jpg
    likethehat.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 729
6mm Remington":2761wg54 said:
I think they really add to a place. When one of my son's died in 2006 I sold a really pretty mule deer mount, a 16" antelope buck mount, my big elk mount, and a 5 point whitetail mount. Not sure what happened but it was a pretty rough time and I sold them to Sportsman's surplus so at least they are hanging in a store someplace and folks get to enjoy them. I do wish I had a couple of those back home with me now.

David

That is some pretty tough stuff... I know it's been a while, but... Hang in there!

Guy

Guy Miner":13lkjot5 said:
6mm Remington":13lkjot5 said:
I think they really add to a place. When one of my son's died in 2006 I sold a really pretty mule deer mount, a 16" antelope buck mount, my big elk mount, and a 5 point whitetail mount. Not sure what happened but it was a pretty rough time and I sold them to Sportsman's surplus so at least they are hanging in a store someplace and folks get to enjoy them. I do wish I had a couple of those back home with me now.

David

That is some pretty tough stuff... I know it's been a while, but... Hang in there!

Guy
Thanks for the kind words Guy. My son Jeremiah (Yes after Jeremiah Johnson) was a great little guy who was only 19 months old. Man was he full of piss and vinegar but he never had a mean bone in his body.

Back