I am Tired Of always looking for 7mm08 brass

bullet

Handloader
Dec 26, 2007
Every since I have owned my 7mm08 M48 TGR I have had to scrounge around looking for brass. If I find some it is usually not my preferred choice. I have used my Rem brass three times, my winchester brass three times and my nosler brass three times except the box I bought from Ross but have used them twice. I HAVE HAD IT WITH 7mm08 - I AM DONE - IT IS OVER - I DON'T CARE HOW GOOD IT SHOOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never had this much problem finding 358Win brass or 308Win brass. I am either going to sell this 7mm08 or rebarrel it to .308 or .358, but one thing is for sure I AM OVER THIS 7MM08!!!!!!! Oh did I say it loud enough, I am over this 7mm08? Well if I did not say it loud enough - I AM OVER THIS 7MM08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so tired of going on line to 20 different places and they are out of 7mm08 brass - I am just not doing this anymore! I don't need counseling on it, because I am over it! Thanks for allowing me to vent. :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :!: :!:

I am not sure who that guy was that just posted this thread but I feel his pain! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bullet":uynu9qoz said:
Every since I have owned my 7mm08 M48 TGR I have had to scrounge around looking for brass. If I find some it is usually not my preferred choice. I have used my Rem brass three times, my winchester brass three times and my nosler brass three times except the box I bought from Ross but have used them twice. I HAVE HAD IT WITH 7mm08 - I AM DONE - IT IS OVER - I DON'T CARE HOW GOOD IT SHOOTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never had this much problem finding 358Win brass or 308Win brass. I am either going to sell this 7mm08 or rebarrel it to .308 or .358, but one thing is for sure I AM OVER THIS 7MM08!!!!!!! Oh did I say it loud enough, I am over this 7mm08? Well if I did not say it loud enough - I AM OVER THIS 7MM08!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so tired of going on line to 20 different places and they are out of 7mm08 brass - I am just not doing this anymore! I don't need counseling on it, because I am over it! Thanks for allowing me to vent. :shock: :shock: :shock: :oops: :!: :!:

I don't think counseling would help. Ever consider Prozac? Might help making 7mm-08 brass searching a little easier, just saying.

I am fine, just needed to a place to vent. Not going to sell it, change it or do anything with it but shoot game with it and watch them drop. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I am over my rant but not really over the 7mm08 especially in an M48 TGR :)

I was wondering if anybody has a sense of humor left or noted the humor in my first two post. Really, just having some fun with myself and the situation I find myself in for three seasons of trying to find 7mm08 brass when I needed it. 7mm08 brass was not easy to find even before the big rush on components over the last two years which always has puzzled me. :)

bullet":22h5rbsg said:

Tell you what... I'll take that miserable rifle off your hands and relieve you of your anguish. Say $500 ? Figure I'll have to neck down some of my .308 brass too. That's a lot of work on my part, but if it helps you out...

Let me know. :mrgreen:

Guy

I appreciate you so much Guy for being willing to make such a sacrifice. You truly are a stand of up GUY :mrgreen: Hard to find such good heart friends who are willing to relieve a person of their pain. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: But for real, thanks, I am going to get me some 308 brass and just neck it down. A little work but at least I can get a bunch of it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bullet":hsyt8nmu said:
I appreciate you so much Guy for being willing to make such a sacrifice. You truly are a stand of up GUY :mrgreen: Hard to find such good heart friends who are willing to relieve a person of their pain. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: But for real, thanks, I am going to get me some 308 brass and just neck it down. A little work but at least I can get a bunch of it. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hey no problem. If $500 is too much, you'll only need to pay me $400 to take it away from you and make everything better... :grin:

Good luck with the brass hunt. Yeah, I don't know why the 7-08 hasn't become more popular. It's pretty common, but there must be about 50 .308's for every 7-08, and the 7-08 is better in pretty much every way that counts.

Guy

Dang, I was kinda hoping you would rebarrel it to .358 and REALLY have fun finding brass...

Dr. Vette":2ggxy3jh said:

Yeah, I saw this earlier and it is the only one I could find. It broke my heart to pay this much but I ordered some of the Norma brass. You know I love my M48 TGR in 7mm08 to order brass this expensive and you know I am hurting for new brass. Now this is addition in the worst way to shooting and reloading and I have it bad. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: This was cheaper in the long run than Guy's suggestion :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I sure wish the manufactures would make more 7mm08 brass, I mean they did not make much even before the two major runs on components began. It is what it is :)

BK":2lujh8s7 said:
Dang, I was kinda hoping you would rebarrel it to .358 and REALLY have fun finding brass...

Have a bunch of .358Win brass on hand :mrgreen: but it will stay a 7mm08

HEY ! quit your whinning - what if it was a 260 Rem - much harder :shock: to find that brass then 7mm-08 ! :grin: LOL RJ

3 times? that is your problem... no reason to toss brass after 3 loadings. Its barely even broken in at that!

OK I will stop whining, at least I am not having to find 260 brass. Got some brass coming. After three firings the primer pockets are to loose to satisfy me. :mrgreen:

bullet":zid8wc5c said:
OK I will stop whining, at least I am not having to find 260 brass. Got some brass coming. After three firings the primer pockets are to loose to satisfy me. :mrgreen:

Wow, really Mike. That's crazy as I run my stuff pretty near the 62/63K threshold and still get upwards of 10 firings on most all my stuff. Wonder if the 7-08 brass your using is soft or something. That would break my heart to only get 3 firings out of my Norma or Nosler brass...

SJB358":bxitun4m said:
bullet":bxitun4m said:

Wow, really Mike. That's crazy as I run my stuff pretty near the 62/63K threshold and still get upwards of 10 firings on most all my stuff. Wonder if the 7-08 brass your using is soft or something. That would break my heart to only get 3 firings out of my Norma or Nosler brass...

It is the Remington and Winchester brass that open up and I can forget Remington primers which are one of the primers for one of my loads because they seem to be smaller in the first place. I can use my Nosler brass for more loads than Remington and Winchester but the Nosler brass with my 160gr Speer SPBT does not give me the accuracy that Remington brass does with that load. Now my rifle likes faster velocities and all my loads ended up 1/10 to 5/10 below book max loads so my pressures are at the top for the cartridges intended design. But that is not bad considering the accuracy and the velocities I get allowing me to optimize the cartridges potential and I love the 24" barrel on my TGR. Now you know the groups I get with my loads and this rifle. So when the accuracy begins to fall off some as I use the brass more, I won't accept that and will let the Remington and Winchester brass go three times and that is it. I will not sacrifice my accuracy and impact my longer shots. Now this is just me and yes I am anal retentive when it comes to my loads.

Mike, Funny post. Sell your TGR, ha ha ha. But I will offer $505 and throw in a box of mac nuts. :mrgreen:
Russ

The local Mill's Fleet Farm store has about 10 bags of Winchester 7mm-8 brass. Asking $27.99
Keith

Back