I have run into a scope dilemma

ajvigs

Handloader
Nov 1, 2012
Well, I have two scopes laying around right now, 1 mounted, and one more on the way...

I have the Zeiss 3.5-10 sitting out, a Leupold vxII 3-9, both looking for a rifle. I have a Zeiss 3-9 on the Montana 1999.

I was thinking of mounting the Leupold on my CZ 452, but also thinking of swapping the Zeiss 3-9 for the 3.5-10 on the Montana, and putting the Zeiss 3-9 on the CZ. The Leupold i would save for the sig others 22 she is buying herself...

To complicate matters, I have ANOTHER Zeiss 2.5-8 with turrets I am paying off...I was saving that one for my next rifle...

Kind of scope crazy right now :shock:

Yeah, few things more dangerous to a true rifle fanatic than a scope lying around--they attract rifles.

.280 Remington":1zix7pk4 said:
Good problem to have...I'm scope poor!

Same here. I'd love to have that. 2.5x8 Conquest. That's a killer scope.

Yup, I'd say your only choice is to add another rifle!

Im still on the fence with the 3.5-10. I found I prefer 9x or under on a hunting rifle. Still hoping someone swaps it with me for a Conquest 3-9 with the #4 reticle

I will be putting the Leupold on the CZ and keeping the 3-9 Zeiss on the 7mm08

I am with you AJ. I would like to have more optics with the #4 reticle as well. I am completely happy with my Minox 3x9 #4.. It ranks right up there with my Swaro.

My CZ 453 .22LR has a 2.5-8x32 Zeiss Conquest on it. You do not need more than 8 or 9X for a .22 LR. I can see bullet holes just fine at 50 yards with that scope.

I know exactly what you mean :shock: I was cleaning out a cupboard and found a old Weaver Grand slam that I forgot I still had :evil: . I guess that I have a choice to make when it comes to choosing for the 280AI. Well not really as I am going to place the Leica on top of it.

Blessings,
Dan

The 3.5-10 has gone down the road. I have the 2.5-8 Zeiss with turrets coming I am saving for my next rifle.

Has anyone done a side by side comparison of the 3-9 and 2.5-8 Conquest?

nvbroncrider":33tm6fzw said:
Or a rifle laying around. They attract scopes.

Not surprising, but I seem to be a little different, unscoped rifles attract more unscoped riles, and I fall further behind in the rifle/scope ratio.

I've been thinking I finally need to get a scope on my M70 Sporter .270WSM. I've been thinking about a VX3 3.5-10x40 CDS. I'm planning on this becoming sort of a long range toy, being fed exclusively ABLRs (if it likes them) so some sort of ballistic reticle or elevation turret is in order.

Thanks, Gerry, but I won't own another Burris once I replace the Fullfield on my Whelen.

Unless I buy a used rifle with on already mounted.

ajvigs":30kajqqg said:

I'll try and dig my .358 Hawkeye with the 2.5-8x and one of my rifles with a 3-9x40 and grab a pic. I gotta replace the driver's mirror on my truck first... some punk whacked it with a baseball bat and broke it.

ajvigs":9189puwb said:
The 3.5-10 has gone down the road. I have the 2.5-8 Zeiss with turrets coming I am saving for my next rifle.

I do and they are identical for performance purposes, somewhat dependent on when they were made. That is because the optical performance of the Conquest has changed over the past 2-3 years, since the 2.5-8x32 Conquest was discontinued. However, my 2.5-8x32 Conquest is a really handy scope and is plenty good enough for its power and clarity.

Back