I Just Can't Leave It Alone :)

If you have someone that can remove the barrel for you then you can send me just the barrel and I can crown it.

IdahoCTD":1ywbwral said:
If you have someone that can remove the barrel for you then you can send me just the barrel and I can crown it.

I do appreciate your generousity and deep concern and your kindness is actually overwhelming indeed, but I saw the inside of the barrel and just knowing it is in that condidtion has taken away my desire to even work with it. Infact I now really do want to do a build using the action and put together an 8mm Rem Mag that will truly be awesome not only in function but in performance. Thank you so much for your kindness, it is truly refreshing to know that there are people like you and some others on this forum.

I am so glad FOTIS traded with me, because I had know idea how much I would like the 8mm Rem mag cartridge and its potential of being in my opinion almost if not the perfect magnum cartridge if set up correctly, so I am doing a rebuild. Once again, thank you for your kind offer. Yours Truly, Mike Price

I want to sit down with a friend of mine who shoots comp and is one of my hunting partners for some years now and his smith that builds his rifles. Until I do that and lay out plans to build a rifle that meets a variety of hunting needs and circumstances along with using the potential of the Big 8 I won't know what barrel, how long, what contour, what stock, what bedding, what finish an so on. As our vision unfolds for the rifle and we have a fairly clear picture of where we are going with this build I will let everyone know. I have already written my friend and he text me back saying that he has begun along with his smith the process and the options to weigh before a final decision is made about the direction we will take. I want it simple, functional, bring out the potential of the 8mm Rem Mag and of course extremely accurate.

Well Bullet, I'm sorry to hear about your barrel problem but look forward to your new build up of your 8mm Rem Mag. I know i have thought about changing one of my Ruger #1's to 8mm RM with maybe a 28" barrel someday but thats a ways off. I'm also glad to see you put a Hogue aluminum pillar bedded stock on your rifle. I've had that same stock in od green on my 8 mag for 2 or 3 years now and absolutely love it. It really tames the recoil. Oh and thanks for your load imputs. I've used RL-22 & MRP for my loads but after seeing your use of IMR 7828 I'm going to give that a whirl.

Best,

Dan

I used IMR 7828 SSC in my .340 Weatherby with 225 gr Partitions and got 3200 fps and better than MOA accuracy.

Wow, hope you make out well with the build. Too bad about the pitting Mike. Hope your build goes well. The 8RM is a very cool cartridge.

Thanks Scotty, it is what it is an will have to wait till next season to hunt with it.

Back