I love Blackpowder

filmjunkie4ever

Handloader
May 4, 2011
This is something that I am hooked on and must get into in the near future. My friend Andy and I went to the range the other day and were firing his 54 caliber Lyman Great Plains Caplock rifle using the 425 grain Hornady Conicals on top of 95 grains of Pyrodex. Very Fun!

Black powder is indeed a lot of fun.

This afternoon I took my daughter out to the range. She shot a muzzle loader for the firat time and she loved it!
I gave her my M700 SS ML 50 caliber for this years deer hunting. I have a Nikon 4x scope on it and we are loading the Nosler .429 cal 240 gr JHP with 2 777 pellets. It is a light recoiling load for her and she is hitting dead on at 100 yds.

I am really looking forward to this deer season.

JD338

yeah, you will get hooked for sure. Once you get it all figured out you will never go back to being a cartridge boy
bang, band, bang, did I get it ? Glad you got your daughter into muzzlerloader jd338,

got to go got some people showing up soon to look at hogs we have for sale, will check in later and read some more threads or maybe do a little blacksmithing, looks like we have some boys who haven't seen a lock made

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but I would very much like to see his rifles. It sounds like he knows his stuff, so I'd be willing to learn a bit if he'll show us his work.

tddeangelo":2epogddj said:
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, but I would very much like to see his rifles. It sounds like he knows his stuff, so I'd be willing to learn a bit if he'll show us his work.

Same here. Love to see the stock work being done. If its true to the text it must be danged good!

Back