I need 6.5 130 ABs

HTDUCK

Handloader
Apr 18, 2009
Can't find them in stock anywhere?
Anybody seen a box at the local store recently?

Howard

:oops: Gosh David,,,I don't know what to say :shock:. This is the only thing he sells in his store is reloading related products, so if he is out they must not be available.

Question for you in your 6mm...have you tried the 90 and 95 grain BT's; and if have, which one shot better? I am trying to decide which one to start loading for in a .243 for deer. I know, why not get a real 6mm instead of the .243 :roll: :)

257 Ackley":3et5fi06 said:
:oops: Gosh David,,,I don't know what to say :shock:. This is the only thing he sells in his store is reloading related products, so if he is out they must not be available.

Question for you in your 6mm...have you tried the 90 and 95 grain BT's; and if have, which one shot better? I am trying to decide which one to start loading for in a .243 for deer. I know, why not get a real 6mm instead of the .243 :roll: :)

I had heard not until late summer for the Accubonds and I mostly was just giving you grief! :shock: I know hard to believe.

My 6mm shoots the 100 gr. Partition and I'm ONE OF THOSE who gets a great load with one great bullet and I stick with it. I shoot 1/2 inch 3 shot groups at 100 yards and as we all know, the Partition's just never fail on game. I used to LOVE the solid-base-boattail and shot those. They held together and were great. The ballistic tip came out and I tried them and did not like them at all. They blew up and ruined lots of meat. Great accuracy, but I was disappointed in them. I think they completely fixed that in my book with the AccuBond as it has it all. Even as Happy as I am with the Partition, I just want to try them for some reason. Now my son's 6mm shoots the 90 gr. E-tip great and OH MY how it has performed on everything, and it's B.C. is higher than the 100 gr. Partition, and what I saw advertised on the 90 gr. AccuBond! It's .413 or something like that. I have not tried it although it might be great in my #1B and shoot great.

Long answer but no, I have not tried the 90 or 95 gr. Ballistic tip. I know they have vastly improved them and they are accurate, but on deer and antelope I don't think they can stay with the Partition. I get complete penetration, appropriate sized entrance and exit holes, and good tissue damage inside. I just like the Partition better. I'll see if I can find a couple targets I shot here with the Partition. I think one was .35 and the other was .40. One was my load with IMR4350 (.35) and the very next 3 shots (.40) were with H4831SC and a load I was just playing with.

Thanks David...good info. I was thinking about trying the 90 AB as well. I didn't realize it isn't out yet. I used to load the 100 grain Partition for my older son's .243 when he first started hunting. Worked well on the two whitetails he shot.

I don't like any of the solids and have made a point that unless I am forced to go lead-free, I will not shoot anyone's copper bullets :) .

Sorry to hijack the thread Howard...hope you found some AB's.

Here are three target 257 Ackley, two with IMR4350 and one with the H4831SC. Both of those with the IMR4350 might have been even tighter but it appears that possibly I didn't follow through well enough on one of the shots in each group, or relaxed my grip on the rear bag too soon, again follow through. I'll take that any day though!

004-8.jpg

Great shooting. I am going to be needing more 130gr AB's myself. They seem to be doing okay in the 264. Although, if they are too hard to find, I might just switch up the 140gr PT and call it a day! I am sure Retumbo will get it up around 3100 or so and that would be a good load as well. Scotty

Ridge_Runner":34tx0ufg said:
scotty in my 6.5 I use retumbo to run 140's 3160 in a 270 case.
RR

RR, that is next up on the load platter. I really wanna try the 140gr PT. Depending on how well the 264 shoots the next time out, the 140gr PT's are going to get the next try. Scotty

Bass Pro Shops sent me a coupon for 10 bucks so I went there to replenish my stock 6.5mm 130 ABs... none in stock. Hate it when that happens! :cry:

I just loaded up the last of my 130 gr AB's in my 6.5mm Rem Mag.
I will be on the hunt for some myself real soon.

JD338

JD338":3eazficp said:

JD338

Same here. They are some great shooters in my 264 and at 3350 they are screamers! Scotty

negeorgia":7i3ldmcz said:
Bass Pro Shops sent me a coupon for 10 bucks so I went there to replenish my stock 6.5mm 130 ABs... none in stock. Hate it when that happens! :cry:

Bass pro doesn't stock 6.5 130 or 140 ABs here in the Dallas area.
There are 2 stores within 30 minutes of my house and I have been to both of them.
They don;t even have a slot on the shelf for them.
YMMV

Howard

HTDUCK":33yt2ezw said:
negeorgia":33yt2ezw said:

There are 2 stores within 30 minutes of my house and I have been to both of them.
YMMV

Howard

I hate to mail order them, but this place is frequented by a few of us and it is a good store to deal with. Scotty

http://www.gunstop.com/Store/Rifle%20Bullets/Nosler®/NOS-56902

Now that you mention it, I think this one (Duluth, GA) didn't have a place on the shelf for 130ABs, either, and my previous purchase of them may have been from Midway. I have CRS pretty bad. :|

Wow! Talk about CRS: I just found a full box of these sitting on my reloading bench. Had to look thru some records to find that it looks like I bought 'em last September. Duh...

beretzs":ciipi8em said:
JD338":ciipi8em said:

JD338

Same here. They are some great shooters in my 264 and at 3350 they are screamers! Scotty

I found a box but they won't last. :wink:

JD338

Back