I think I did it rite this time !

Anyone got any NITRO :mrgreen:

The rifle the mounts are setting on will not be getting either of these mounts as it's my 338-378 Accumark that will wear the S&B and the 3 ring mount and the single will go on my 257 Lazermark and the Chris Kyle Rifle will wear a WARNE 20 MOA rail with WARNE 30 mm Rings and the Mark 4 6.5-20X50 FFP ER/T after it gets dipped!

Just like the 338-378 is about all it can be Charlie :mrgreen: 338 with a 378 load of whuppin :lol:
I also have lighter boat anchors than the S&B :shock:

Very nice, Terry. That will be an excellent setup; and it will be quite attractive. Congratulations.

Thanks for the likes guys as I just hope the 300 Win Mag is as accurate as the 338-378 , both being Accumarks I would expect the 300 Win mag to be tack driver as well! I like the #3 contour with flutes as you can run it hard and it does not heat up too bad!

Could not stand it any longer I skipped the lipstick and dress for my 338-378 and it's getting the optic installed and the Chris Kyle Rifles optik is getting some MagPul FDE to match my barrel and scope also installed told him do the 338-378 ASAP and he said the other would be about a week as he does heat them but only to 120 as Leupold said do not go over 150 ! I was just not interested in cerakote on that S&B so I nixed the whole thing for now as I wanta go sling some lead ASAP :mrgreen:

I think it looks better put together and will look much better with some rounds run thru it ! I gave up on dipping and cerakote as it would look like a fish outta water with a black optik and I do not have to wait long to go run some rounds thru it as I need some more once fired brass to start loading the ones I have fired already! It's just under 12 lbs and all business !

Thank's Charlie the install was done as it was on My Mark 4 Leupold that used to set on this rifle and he gets the bore axis to scope axis so close using some software program and it's as close as anyone can get it from being perfectly aligned! Check out his process it's in left margin under precision scope installation and it impressed me a bunch !! It's a good read and he is a competition shooter so he likes getting it done rite as he mentions in his article!! :grin:

http://www.scorehi.com
Paragraph below from article on how he aligns Optiks!
I could not get satisfactory results until I built a very elaborate fixture that could rigidly hold a barreled action with the scope mounted in such a way that the vertical centerline of the bore and the vertical centerline of the scope had no more variation than one thousandth (.001) of an inch in six inches.

That is quite an elaborate station for scope mounting, Terry. I am very interested to see how she shoots when they are done setting every thing up on that rifle?

I can promise ya Charlie if I do my job the rifle would still out shoot me I am sure but it shot very good with the Mark 4 on it and he did the same procedure with it the first time! He is going to do the 300 Win Mag as well once the Cerakote dries! My range finally installed a few awning's on the 100 yard range which really is a big plus for me as I just can't hang in the NM sun out on the Mesa where my range is at, it's 6610 ft above sea level! It is flatter than a pancake!

Very nice set-up :wink: I can not wait for the range report with photos I hope. :wink:!

Blessings,
Dan

:lol: yes I know I need pics Dan but last trip I took my AR never fired and yes you guessed it I forgot the magazines :oops: :oops: shooting an AR single shot was no fun and I forgot my stapler for targets and took tape that will not stick to wood of course? Tape was also covering the hits that I thought were not even on target! if ya cover the splatter target with tape and hit the tape it will not splatter and I will never buy this type of splatter targets again ! Tape is being put back in the house and outta the range bag!! Camera being put in Nikon fancy DSLR just gotta get a new lens for it so rifles will show up as the lens that's on it will not get out wide enough?

Ok now everything is outta the shop and Thank's to Weatherby & Score Hi Gunsmith it come out nice!

Weatherby Accumark Chris Kyle Rifle in 300 Win mag , I think shooting these 2 will be lots of fun to come!!

Thanks Mike as it will be fun seeing how these 2 will buck the NM wind but really do not look for too many issues! now my 257 Lazermark needs an optik as I have a Near Alpha Mount waiting on it but it will be another 3.5-18 Swarovski Z5 BT ! Really happy with the cerakote Score Hi gunsmithing did for me but it took a while but was worth the wait! :mrgreen:

I might try the #4 Z5 if they are not a bunch more as I need some Tennabrek covers for my S&B and I will just get all the stuff at the same time so I can get it shipped in 1 box! Check out these guys outta Germany as They have an adjustable 0 to 70 MOA mount and a lotta other neat stuff! Eurooptik sells some of their stuff !

http://era-tac.de

Back