I want a 7mm rem Mag.

Somehow I'm sensing that pictures of a #1 or Super Grade will be gracing our forum before long... For whatever it's worth, my vote goes to the M70.

Fotis - your missing a few 7 millers and some 33 ' s also ! Whats up ? Maybe a 280 AI and a 7mm Rem Mag or a 7mm Weatherby Mag or just get a 7 mm STW to cover those 2 and then a 338 Fed for a little 33 and then a 340 Weatherby to fix up the 33 cal problem ! so 4 more and you will be set ! ALSO You could use a 35 cal or 2 maybe a 35 Whelen or a 358 STA ! JMO Cheers RJ

Well, Guy said it. 7MM REm Mag is all the big game rifle you would need. 'Course "need" is not part of this conversation :) I know some one who has a BAR in 7mmMag that is just scarry accurate. Dont tell me autos wont shoot. Thats where I would go..... Course you do need a 250-3000... :) CL

Fotis,
The 270 Bee has the 7RM covered in the lighter bullets. You need a heavy 7mm to sling the 168ABLR and the 175ABLR. I suggest a 7mmSTW or a 7mmRUM but only if you want to play with the heavier bullets. Maybe another Ultralight in 257 Bee.
A man has got to know his gaps.........Didn't Clint Eastwood say that in a movie?

Scott

hogwild, that is an absolutely beautiful buck, great buck, long tines and lots of points.

I have owned a 7mm Rem Mag since the first one that I ever saw in 1963! It is a Mark Moon custom that I shoot long range deer with now, which I bought in 1973. Forty years of constant use every summer and deer season and it still is dead accurate and still looks pretty decent as well.

IdahoCTD":yndjtbu7 said:
I would be hard pressed to use a 7RUM over a 7STW. The RUM gains 50fps in normal barrel lengths for half the barrel life. I really think the 7-300wm is a better choice because with up to 168's you don't have to infringe on the powder capacity in a standard magazine. In a standard mag length the 7-300wm will run really close to a 7STW using using heavy bullets because it's .230" shorter. The STW will run away from it with a Wyatt extend mag box though.

When you say 7-300wm do you mean the 300 Win mag necked down to 7 mm - a cartridge called the 7 MM Practical :) :?: RJ

Rem Jim":2az429c2 said:
IdahoCTD":2az429c2 said:
I would be hard pressed to use a 7RUM over a 7STW. The RUM gains 50fps in normal barrel lengths for half the barrel life. I really think the 7-300wm is a better choice because with up to 168's you don't have to infringe on the powder capacity in a standard magazine. In a standard mag length the 7-300wm will run really close to a 7STW using using heavy bullets because it's .230" shorter. The STW will run away from it with a Wyatt extend mag box though.

When you say 7-300wm do you mean the 300 Win mag necked down to 7 mm - a cartridge called the 7 MM Practical :) :?: RJ

Yes and no. Yes that is the cartridge and no because a 7mm Practical is by a guy in NZ and it has a 30 degree shoulder rather than the 25 degree of the parent case.

Fotis, I'll tie together two of your recent threads and solve this for you. Go find a good Colt Light Rifle in 7mmRemMag and be done with it. I suspect it will be a rifle you decide to keep at least through four or five changes of your socks...

Dr. Vette":1l5gqhnt said:
No 7mm and no 338.
I think you need a semi-custom 340 Weatherby like the one in the Classifieds.
And, I'd even deliver it personally. :)

I could arrange for a 7mm Weatherby too if you really wanted one. :mrgreen:

No 223 either? Maybe you need a Savage 112 BVSS in 223. Got one of those for sale too....

got plenty of varminters just not listed.

muleman":u9f1ngey said:
Fotis,

A man has got to know his gaps.........Didn't Clint Eastwood say that in a movie?

Scott

...his limitations------- Magnum force 1973.

Sell them all and get a .30-06, a .338 Win. Mag., and a .375H&H.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

GeorgeS":1srtwqac said:

I would fall into a boredom induced coma George! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Did you load up the 243 AI for next week's antigoat hunt here?

I can not believe you drew and JD338 and I did not or my kids! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Boredom? That's success you smell, son. :shock:

Yep, all loaded up - 3" high at 100yds., just like the last few times.

The .25-06 is dead on at 100yds., just in case.

I'm going to see how well my .300 BLK subsonics shoot; I may bring that too to take care of some of the prairie dogs and jackrabbits in your backyard. :lol:

George

FOTIS":13vliz7o said:
GeorgeS":13vliz7o said:

I'd probably be money ahead and a few hunts ahead if I did that five to 10 years ago.

SJB358":2zekzrj4 said:
FOTIS":2zekzrj4 said:
GeorgeS":2zekzrj4 said:

I'd probably be money ahead and a few hunts ahead if I did that five to 10 years ago.

Money ahead, and incapable of enjoying it. A wise man has said, "Each new rifle adds a year to life (so long as the wife doesn't get too obstreperous). :mrgreen:

Back