Idaho Wolf Season

No! No! And "No" again! Keep your environmentalists! We have too many now!

Consequently, does anyone know what "environmentalists" taste like?

I imagine they would taste like poop since it seems that is what mostly comes out of their mouth. Probably not good table fare for a lean bunch of predators such as ourselves. Scotty

Yeah, I would guess that you're right. I was thinking of telling some of the locals that they taste like chicken, just to see what happens.

I guess there have been three wolves killed and reported so far. Seems like it is getting done what it is supposed to. Be interesting to see if and when the deer and elk rebound from this. I know the elk are in need of some assistance. Scotty

Here's the latest good news in regards to wolf hunting in Idaho. The is taken from the ID F&G website "News Release" section:

Date: September 9, 2009
(208) 334-3700

Idaho wolf hunts will continue

Late Tuesday, September 8, U.S. District Judge Donald Molloy of the U.S. District Court in Missoula denied a preliminary injunction that would have returned the wolf to federal endangered species protection.

"We're pleased that the judge recognized Idaho's ability to manage wolves in a way that ensures their continued existence," Idaho Fish and Game Director Cal Groen said. "We intend to demonstrate that the Fish and Game will responsibly manage wolves like the other 10 big game species."

Idaho will continue to manage wolves according to its approved wolf population management plan.

The injunction was sought by parties to a lawsuit challenging the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's decision to remove gray wolves in the Northern Rocky Mountains from the endangered species list earlier this year.

"We will now have an opportunity to demonstrate to the court that the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service decision to delist complies with the Endangered Species Act," Deputy Attorney General Clive Strong said.

Idaho's wolf hunt will continue as planned. It opened in the Lolo and Sawtooth wolf zones Tuesday, September 1. It opens September 15 in the Selway and Middle Fork zones, and October 1 in the rest of the state.

They have already closed the wolf season in most of the units. They have filled the issued numbers of tags. Kinda goes to show that there were plenty of wolves, and they needed a little thinning out. Hopefully this season continues in the future and the elk and deer see a little relief from the wolves. It will be nice to see the elk get plussed up a little. Scotty

Wow, sorry for the bad gouge, I read where somebody had shot an illegal wolf in an area that was closed the day prior. Bad info, I apologize. Glad they are still slaying the wolves. It will work out better for the elk this winter. Scotty

Back