If H4350 doesn't work...

In a Remington and in a Weatherby S2, 57.5 IMR 4350 shot under an inch with 165/168’s. I have not worked with H4350 yet. As others stated, I would do a test of seating them in, working back with H4350 before I gave up.
I tried R19 and R22. R19 worked better with the 168 Barnes.
In the Remington with R22, I had very good accuracy with both 165-180’s but with the 22” barrel, I found that the 165’s shot best with 61 grains. It seemed to plateau there.
With the Weatherby and the barrel being 2” longer, it picked up some velocity, as the little bit of barrel seemed to help and I could go up to 62 grains with the 165's.
With the 180 Part, 61 grains with R22 was my load.

My first two choices after the 4350s would be RS-Hunter (I LOVE this stuff as much as many guys love H-4350) and RL-19. On the faster side I'd consider testing RL-15.

I hate to tell you, but you may be best off trading out projectiles to 165/8 NBT or 165 Interlock. If yer 06 won't shoot a 165 NPT & H-4350 it would be a sign to me that yer rifle just don't like the projectile.

If you try a couple other projectiles w/ H-4350 and have no luck, it's the rifle.

OK, I failed at reading comprehension.
You are doing half grain increments. My apologies for not seeing that before.
Try a different bullet. I like the Barnes TTSX in my 30-06.

I just load my 30.06 for accuracy and with the powders I have on hand, accuracy comes without max charges. It loves 180 gr Sierra Spitzer B.T.'s. While it will go sub-moa with 58 grains of RL 19 or H 4831SC it does best with 56.5 gr H4831SC (into the .3"s) and 56 gr RL 19 (best groups of .082" and .071")

6mm Remington":p6z0pfy4 said:
SJB358":p6z0pfy4 said:
salmonchaser":p6z0pfy4 said:
My old ruger likes 4350, but 4064 is what got me under a quarter inch. Rl 22 for the 180.

I have heard that a few times that 4064 and the 165 in a 30-06 is pretty magical.. Someday I'll own a 30-06 just to see if any of this stuff is true! HA!

I wonder what's taken you this long! :oops: :shock: :lol:

Don't Ask/Don't Tell is behind us so he can announce his love & devotion to the 270 all he wants now; don't be intolerant :lol: .

The .30-06 is not very fussy about powders as long as one stays the burn rate parameters. The groups you are getting are more than adequate for hunting as you are using 165gr bullets. If you are just group shooting for fun and not working on a hunting load then try one of the 168gr match bullets to see if they will reduce the size of your groups.
If your posted group size can get no better then look closely at your case prep. Example: head space, seating depth of bullet, how far off lands, how close the weight of each case, bullet run-out, how close to 100% loading density, how close the weight of each bullet is to others neck sized vs. full length sized. Consistency of ammo is indeed a very important item not to be overlooked when seeking the smallest group your rifle is capable of. One other item not to be overlooked is your shooting technique. I do not mean to insult you but sometimes the “nut behind the trigger” is also in need of improvement.

Happy Shooting
Ryan 46

If you're not getting the accuracy you want I'd suggest trying a different bullet.
The PT is a flat base bullet. Maybe try a BT or AccuBond. I ended up with the PT in my 25-06 and a boat tail bullet in my .338 as I couldn't get it to shoot a flat base bullet to my standards.

Back