If you could build a dream rifle, what would it be?

Yote....
maybe he was confused and had a thing for rabbits......
Now that's funny !!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

A dream rifle huh... hmmmm
I'm somewhat with DrMike on this and would like to do a not so popular.... how do you say it... cali-bar ? :wink:
( ps thank goodness for spell check @ work, I'll admit up-front my spelling stinks ) !!

Anyway..... in the middle right now of trying to lay the foundation for a 6.5x47 Lapua..... Rem 700 or 7 action worked over - that is where the hang up is at the present time, but 22in Kreiger or Broughton tube...40x trigger assy and more than likely a H-S Stock
Roughly attempting to duplicate the Rem 700 XCR Light Tac rifle.

When my M700 338 RUM barrel goes, I will build on it. Most likely another 338 RUM but maybe a 338 Edge.
Action will be blueprinted, Tubb Recoil Lug, Hart #5 Fluted 27" barrel Pillar bedded into the LSS stock or a HS Precision stock.

JD338

If I could build a dream rifle what would it be?

I am having it done now. I have wanted a 340Wby since I was 30yrs old and now I have done it.

Will have a custom 340 Weatherby Magnum on the way some time this coming March of 2010.

1. It will be a German Mark V receiver with a 26" #2 Krieger Moly Chrome barrel chambered in 340Wby with no muzzle brake.

2. It will have a McMillian stock (Green) and bedded to fit the #2 contour of the Krieger barrel.

3. The older style of Wheaterby trigger will be replaced with a Timney trigger and adjusted to no less that 2 1/2 pounds and no more than 3 pounds.

4. The receiver will be refinished as well as the bolt.

5. It will have Talley bases and rings.

I have not decided what scope or power to put on it yet.

Mike,

Look at the Leupold Mark 4 4.5x14x40mmLR. Have the Custom Shop install M1 dials and you are set to go. Great scope!

JD338

JD338":1r3t06sk said:
Mike,

Look at the Leupold Mark 4 4.5x14x40mmLR. Have the Custom Shop install M1 dials and you are set to go. Great scope!

JD338

Yes, I have looked at that scope and it is up on the top of my list. I just have to save up for it. All of my components for the 340Wby are a priority at the moment. I will use a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40mm BDC until I can get what I want for a scope. Thanks for the heads up on the Custom Shop installing the M1 dials.

YoteSmoker":2loq95yc said:
Pop, I'm betting money it's a Savage action of some sort...

no comment till she's done! :mrgreen:

bullet":2kjg4tdf said:

I have wanted a 340Wby since I was 30yrs old and now I have done it.

So what you've waited 2 years, big deal. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

POP":31qgexmd said:
bullet":31qgexmd said:

I have wanted a 340Wby since I was 30yrs old and now I have done it.

So what you've waited 2 years, big deal. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

POP, sometimes you make me hurt my self laughing, that was really funny that was good. yeah just two years times 15 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8) 8)

Antelope_Sniper":1a12ndy2 said:
Very Nice Bullet.
I think JD has the right scope for you.

Yeah, just got to scrape up the money, that one cost.

Pop, what the heck is BLACK WIDOW going to be? Are you going to let us in on it, or do we have to suffer until she comes? Or maybe I missed your post where you described it in detail...................................

:twisted:

6mm Remington":3ag91m7n said:
Pop, what the heck is BLACK WIDOW going to be? Are you going to let us in on it, or do we have to suffer until she comes? Or maybe I missed your post where you described it in detail...................................

YOU DID NOT MISS ANY POST AND HE HAS DESCRIBED NOTHING!!!!! WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO SUFFER UNTIL IT COMES AND POP IS LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF THIS!!!!! :lol: :lol:

6mm Remington":1aupot0w said:

Its Black and its a Widow maker. Must be a long range shooter.

JD338

JD338":1hy7np5j said:
6mm Remington":1hy7np5j said:

JD338

Yeah that is what I am thinking. After this build he might need some counseling. :)

Let's see, my guess is a Weatherby caliber in a Savage action.

This way he can have the "Savage Bee".

bullet":3g918n5n said:
JD338":3g918n5n said:
6mm Remington":3g918n5n said:

JD338

Yeah that is what I am thinking. After this build he might need some counseling. :)

Crazy Greek....... :wink:

JD338

Ruger #1, Mc Gowen barrel, good trgger...... OR
I Let pass a Ruger M77 RSI Manlicher stock, with a K-4 weaver in 250-3000 Savage ( "The" caliber - however you spell it). Like new for 200 bucks and I let it go....... :( CL

6mm Remington":iok7als9 said:
POP":iok7als9 said:
90 more days until Black Widow arrives!

Hey Pop, could BLACK WIDOW be one of those new NOSLER M48's in .338 Winchester Magnum???

WAIT????? A 338Win Mag in a Nosler M48??????????? Please don't tell me Nosler is doing that after I went to all the trouble of having a 340Wby mag built for me????????????????? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :shock: :?:

Back