If you could build a dream rifle, what would it be?

That is one AWESOME M70. I would have to get rid of the rest of my rifles if I had one of those! I wouldn't touch the others! Scotty

Wow, beautiful 257—now get some blood on it!!! Or just put it on your coffee table and stare at it. I know I would.

Wow, beautiful 257…

Wow, beautiful 257…

I’m stuck staring at it.

killdeernow":3mqluusg said:
Wow, beautiful 257—now get some blood on it!!! Or just put it on your coffee table and stare at it. I know I would.

Wow, beautiful 257…

Wow, beautiful 257…

I’m stuck staring at it.

my tought exactly :shock:

I have mine, a 7mm Rem Mag custom Mark X Mauser action. It has a AAA English Walnut stock with a Swarovski 4-12x50 scope, presently. It will shoot under MOA with almost any high quality loads.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Picture001.jpg

Thanks Scotty, I appreciate it. Despite looks, this rifle has killed one elk and several mule deer over the 35 years that I have had it. I decided years ago with my two custom rifles that pretty is, as pretty does! I shoot thenm and hunt with them. My Win 70, .270 Win has killed over 50 deer.

Throw a picture of your 240 up. We don't see many of them! Sounds like a sweetheart! Scotty

I seem to recall a thread about this a long time ago, and I probably posted this there, but here goes:

It would actually be TWO guns, Remington 700 BDL long actions, standard bolt faces, in either 6.5-06 or .280AI and the second in .338-06AI, fluted barrel from Kreiger, PacNor, Lilja, or Hart, 24" on the little gun and 23" on the big one; McMillan EDGE Classic stocks, some sort of olive on the .338-06 and tan on the other; Timneys at 2-3/4 lbs, spiral fluting on the bolt, and a VX III 2.5-8 on the .338 and a VX III 3.5-10x40 on the other, both with M1 elevation turrets and standard duplex reticles in Talley LW mounts. Aiming (sorry :oops: ) for a ready to go but empty weight of 7 to 7.25 lbs.

I've built way too many of them in the past all bolt guns in various cals to include some of the 284 win wildcats, lot of bench guns.
Currently have two in 7mm/06 one deer rifle on a Rem 03A3 and another in a varmit wgt on a Rem 722 single shot action.

Built a bunch of custom muzzle loaders, flinters and trade rifles.

My new dream would be a custom Marlin 1894 lever with double set triggers, in .22 hornet, custom wood of course, full mag tube with 24 inch octagon bbl.

Crescent pewter buttplate and forend cap, custom built Peep with front globe sight. Pretty much a no nonsense plinker that looks good.

Back