I'm a big boy now.

wisconsinteacher

Handloader
Dec 2, 2010
I just bought my first 8 pound jug of powder. IMR4350. I use it in my 25-06, 243, 30-06 and 7mmRM. Compared to buying 8-1 pound cans, I saved $40. Now to safe up and get another one in a different flavor.

Congratulations!
I like having those 8# jugs. It makes it easier to weather shortages.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

I haven't gone there myself, but I need to. I use Varget in 3 rifles (223, 308, and 30-30). Plus it'd be nice to have loads from the same powder lot.

H4831sc is another one. I use that in my 270 win, and some of my 300 win mag loads.

Good move, WT. It can be very comforting to have the powder you use most frequently available in quantity and from the same lot.

I should do the same with the 8lb jugs of 4350. I have 4 pounds of 1lb jugs in my stock pile.

I acquired my first 8# of IMR 4064 last week. Will be on the lookout for 8 pound jug of Benchmark now.

You can't beat 5 or 8lb jugs of powder you use. Saves from varying lots and reworking your favorite loss all the time.

DrMike":37r9b1xk said:
Good move, WT. It can be very comforting to have the powder you use most frequently available in quantity and from the same lot.

^ that; I buy 8s of my MAJORS, and try to have just a few majors. Those are powders that work REALLY well; those I try first.

IMR-4350 used to be one & I'm about done with it. My others are RL15, Big Game, and now replacing 4350, Hunter.

When you start buying 8-pounders, that's when you begin to lose track of what you've got. I've got powder I've never tried, but meant to try...just simply forgot I had it!

Back