Is Sierra stuck in the sands of time?

Horsethief":16zcynv4 said:
It's the nut behind the gun more than anything else.

+ ONE The new LR bullet that Nosler is going to market aught to be a real winner.

DrMike":x5wfyrm6 said:
... the cup-and-core bullet will still deliver the goods; and Sierra is still a good bullet. I have never complained about their performance on game.

That is my experience as well.

The only time I've found it necessary to run a premium or ubber premium has been in magnums where the stresses of high and ultra-high impact threaten to destroy standard projectiles.

Once I sold my one and only magnum, my "need" to spend inordinate amounts of money on bullets disappeared... Almost... I am still loaded for bear in my 257 AI w/ 90 gr GMXs & RS Hunter... Doing about 3450 fps which is why I sold that Roy...

To each his own. CNC bullets aren't old or useless to me... Just ask the meat in my freezer :) !

SPS is why my reloading stash is slowly but surely going Nosler. When Sierra first bullets and Nosler AccuBond / Partition seconds are almost the same price, well I will go with the Nosler product.

For deer hunting with my 30-06 class of rifles any manufactuers bullet will slay the critter.

Hamour":2tkqtmb2 said:
For deer hunting with my 30-06 class of rifles any manufactuers bullet will slay the critter.

Hamour, you got that right, very accurate statement. :mrgreen:

Back