Is there a reason primers aren't shrink wrapped?

Given the volatile nature of the chemical composition in primers, I doubt you'd want to seal up brand new ones. I'd bet they off- gas to some degree and it'd be something you wouldn't want in any quantity.

They work just fine stored for decades as-is, shrink wrap would have little to no benefit and perhaps some some degree of negative risk.

Best answer yet...
This....."heat shrinking exsposes primers to (a lot of heat)". Most likely reason to me. Other than Shrink wrapping is extra process and packaging.... that equals $$$. Another "cost" to pass along. CL

This....."heat shrinking exsposes primers to (a lot of heat)". Most likely reason to me. Other than Shrink wrapping is extra process and packaging.... that equals $$$. Another "cost" to pass along. CL

Given the volatile nature of the chemical composition in primers, I doubt you'd want to seal up brand new ones. I'd bet they off- gas to some degree and it'd be something you wouldn't want in any quantity.

They work just fine stored for decades as-is, shrink wrap would have little to no benefit and perhaps some some degree of negative risk.
Another answer that makes even more sense.

Back