It Does Happen!

I've often wondered how many guns used in crimes have been chucked into the Columbia River here where it rolls past town. A couple of bridges cross it... I saw one young fellow fling his firearm into the river as we were closing in on foot pursuit. We never did find that gun!

Guy

Guy, years ago we had a triple homicide that ended up being a cold case. Even the Texas Rangers couldn't solve it. Two years later one of the peeps jilted his girlfriend and she came forward. The perps tossed the handguns off the down side of the Lake Texana dam. Even after several floods and a hurricane during that time, the guns were found on the concrete below the dam in several feet of water.

I've often wondered how many guns used in crimes have been chucked into the Columbia River here where it rolls past town. A couple of bridges cross it... I saw one young fellow fling his firearm into the river as we were closing in on foot pursuit. We never did find that gun!

Guy
Have a friend on the NYPD SCUBA team. If the East River is any analog, guns, drugs, bodies...

Both cousins are deceased now so I’ll share this story.

Cousin #1 shot a guy and went to his brother, cousin #2, driver for an organized crime syndicate, crying about what he’d done. His brother, cousin #2, told him he would dispose of it for him.

Somewhere in a big and famous river sits a gun that was tossed in the water as the driver was crossing the bridge over the mighty river. Lots of lakes, rivers, and swamps hold secrets.

Vince

Have a friend on the NYPD SCUBA team. If the East River is any analog, guns, drugs, bodies...
Oh Boy does that comment bring back memories. I was head of our underwater Search and Recovery Team. You talk about looking for and finding any number of items (human and otherwise).

Back