Juvenile Eagle

Guy Miner

Master Loader
Apr 6, 2006
This morning after hiking with the dog... This juvenile eagle showed great patience during our impromptu photography session. Posed very nicely for me. :)

Mv4HSkqh.jpg

Guy

Thanks all. I'm not happy with the lack of "sharpness." On overcast, low-light days, my camera & lens just don't do all that well. The focus on the eagle is "soft" - yet when I take photos in bright sunlight, the detail is crisp and clear! So, a limitation of my 100 - 400 telephoto lens... Sigh... I can get sharper lenses, but... They're spendy.

At this point I don't have Photoshop or Topaz, but I think that I'm going to get them both. Software that will sharpen my images... I really want to do my photo subjects justice with sharp resolution. Am not getting that with my current setup. I think it's worth a gamble for the software? Cheaper than a nicer lens for sure.

Guy

Great picture Guy.
When I was still driving my truck I would haul municipal waste to a commercial land fill in southern Va., The Eagles would knock down a seagull and crippler it so it couldn't fly and then would show their young how to attack the crippled bird on the ground.
I sat in the truck and watched them for hours.

Found a sharper photo of the same eagle. I should have looked more intently at the photo files yesterday.

qmPvTEKh.jpg
Good looking bird, love how fierce eagles look. Hopefully this guy is finding lots of food this winter.

I an definitely see the difference when the two shots are compared. Just reveals what a novice I am at commenting on photos.

Back