Eagles

A good shot, Guy. Looks as if you got fairly close without him taking umbrage at your presence.

the bald eagle is still fairly scarce around here . I sure do enjoy seeing them , when they appear . I think it was last year we had two hanging around on our lease , but disappeared during the early summer . maybe a week ago I saw one on our lease . it was nice to see it . it was watching a large clover field . I see rabbits in this field often . I opened the buggy door to try and get a cell phone pic , it flew about 100 yards away and landed in a tree top . I got a pic of it in the tree top , but it's not a good pic . all you can tell is something's setting there . there is something about seeing them , just makes me stop and watch . I feel like I won something . to me they are majestic .

This past November I was in northern Oklahoma hunting deer. Before first light I was hearing an awful scream and dozens of turkeys going crazy with all kinds of gobbles, yelps, and such. I opened up an app called Merlin hoping to catch the sound so it could ID the scream. The next scream Merlin said it was a bald eagle. I had never heard a screaming eagle before, but it did sound spooky. And the turkey couldn't stand it. After sun up 2 bald eagles were circling this swampy area (quite a few large cypress trees) and sauntered off down creek. My hunting buddy was in the same area and it was cool to have someone to experience it with. If you don't have the app -

Love the pic, GM

-B

Always enjoy seeing your photo's Guy. The Eagles are one of my wifes favorite things. In another month or so it will be prime time to be on the lookout for migrating raptors in our part of the world. She also likes hanging out at the National Eagle Center. Most days at this confluence of the Mississippi and Chippewa rivers you can watch eagles fishing..

https://www.nationaleaglecenter.org/

Last edited:
it's a very poor pic . the bald eagle is in the tall hardwood tree top , to the left of the evergreen .

if you blow it up , and use your imagination , you can barely make out his white head . 🤣 more proof I'll never be a photographer . :LOL:

bald eagle.jpg

it's a very poor pic . the bald eagle is in the tall hardwood tree top , to the left of the evergreen .

if you blow it up , and use your imagination , you can barely make out his white head . 🤣 more proof I'll never be a photographer . :LOL:

View attachment 22031
I can see the black dot! Jim, you know what you saw, and that is still exciting and gratifying.

That's very cool Guy.
I hope they nest close by and offer you/us many photo ops.

JD338

In the last several years they have been more prevalent in our area. Come hunting season you’re their best friend. They love the gut piles.

In the last several years they have been more prevalent in our area. Come hunting season you’re their best friend. They love the gut piles.
The eagles and osprey here both truly enjoy the salmon & steelhead runs on the Columbia and tributary rivers too.

Re the gut piles & carcasses from hunting... it amazes me how fast they disappear! Overnight is all it takes.

Guy

There is a bird rescue center located in my county that restores these and different birds back to health from various ailments. One of the big things they promote is lead poisoning from eagles eating gut piles and deer carcasses from hunting. Hard for me to buy into when I saw them eating on dead deer hit by trains not far from this center and other places along the track. They didn't say much about repairing one eagle's wings after being hit by a train not once but twice. That eagle was low in the gene pool of smarts. Dan.

Anyone watching the nesting eagles?

PA ,has done a camera on an eagle nest . I think the nest was around Pittsburg . they won't give much of a location , due to the nest getting messed with . I did check in on it here and there , I thought it was pretty neat .

Back